Government rules and regulations – at both the state and federal level – are what all businesses have to deal with on a daily basis. Wyoming is no different. Despite the fact that Wyoming is one of only four states that does not have any corporate or personal income taxes, companies still need legal assistance when it comes to dealing with state and local governments.
If you are a Wyoming business owner who is struggling with an issue related to federal and state laws, regulations and/or policies, speak with a corporate litigation attorney at Burg Simpson Wyoming by calling 307-527-7891 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form.
There is number of significant public policy issues that confront Wyoming lawmakers, business owners, and voters, such as:
- Energy – Wyoming is a state that has long been dependent on the energy business, specifically energy generated by fossil fuels, such as natural gas, oil, and coal. But as demand and prices have fallen, the state has increasingly embraced alternatives, particularly wind energy.
- Health care – Since the passage of the Affordable Care Act, Wyoming lawmakers have consistently declined to expand Medicaid, leaving the state in a tougher position to tackle rising health care costs. Tragically, according to a Gallup survey, Wyoming is the only state in the country that has seen its uninsured population grow between 2013 and 2015.
- Safety at work – Wyoming continues to have one of the highest rates of accidental employee deaths in the country.
- Environment – Wyoming has always struggled to maintain a balance when it comes to environmental issues. On one hand, the state is home to some of the country’s largest coal mines. On the other, the state’s parks draw a strong tourist trade.
- Diversity – Despite the fact that Wyoming was the first state to give women the right to vote (as well as the first state to boast a female governor), the state’s legislature is one of the country’s oldest and least diverse.
If you are dealing with a public policy issue that has a significant impact on your business, reach out to a civil litigation attorney quickly. Call Burg Simpson in Wyoming at 307-527-7891.
Contact Our Attorneys in Wyoming Now
The Hon. Alan K. Simpson, one of Burg Simpson’s founders, specializes in government affairs for the firm. Simpson served in U.S. Senate for Wyoming from 1979-1997, where he sat on multiple committees, so he brings a wealth of government knowledge and experience to Burg Simpson’s clients. If you need legal counsel or representation with a government matter, the experienced attorneys at Burg Simpson’s Wyoming office can help. Call us today at 307-527-7891 or complete our Free Case Evaluation Form.