Michael C. Menghini
Michael Menghini is a Shareholder and Trial Lawyer in Burg Simpson’s Construction Group, which has achieved Tier 1 status by U.S. News and World Report – the highest ranking available.
Mr. Menghini’s practice focuses on representing clients with claims involving construction defects, design defects, construction products liability, association reserves, breaches of fiduciary duty, breaches of contract, breaches of express and implied warranties, consumer protection violations, misrepresentation/non-disclosure and others. His clients include community associations, apartment communities, homeowners, business owners, business entities, other entities, and municipalities.
Mr. Menghini has more than 13 years of experience as a trial lawyer and has successfully represented clients throughout Colorado and several other parts of the United States. Some examples of Mr. Menghini’s experience include:
- In 2022, Mr. Menghini was lead counsel in a multi-week arbitration and secured a $2.4+ million settlement after several days of arbitration on behalf of a Colorado family involving various construction deficiencies and defects associated with a large home renovation project.
- In 2022, Mr. Menghini finalized a $1.2+ million settlement days before trial on behalf of a Colorado community association involving various building envelop, grading and drainage defects.
- In 2022, Mr. Menghini and the trial team representing a Colorado Town in a lawsuit involving a wastewater treatment facility secured a multi-million dollar settlement moments before closing arguments during a two week jury trial.
- In 2021, Mr. Menghini was lead counsel and achieved a multi million dollar settlement on behalf of an apartment community in Hamilton County, Ohio, days before a multi-week jury trial involving various fire sprinkler and fire caulk installation defects.
- In 2020, Mr. Menghini was part of the trial team that obtained a $19.48 million arbitration award on behalf of a 17-building, 82-unit townhome community in Aurora, Colorado, involving various structural, building envelope, moisture management, firewall and civil defects. In the same matter, the trial team secured an additional $8+ million award for attorney fees and costs.
- In 2019, Mr. Menghini was lead counsel and finalized a $1 Million settlement on behalf of a condominium association in Jackson, Wyoming, involving fire sprinkler installation defects.
- In 2017, Mr. Menghini and co-counsel, Mari Perczak, obtained a $5.9 Million arbitration award on behalf of a 59-unit Fort Collins, Colorado, condominium association involving various moisture management, building envelope, shear wall and civil defects.
- In 2017, Mr. Menghini and co-counsel, Mari Perczak, secured a $3.25 Million settlement on behalf of a 16-unit Denver, Colorado, condominium association involving significant water intrusion, structural deterioration, stucco defects, and fire protection defects.
Mr. Menghini was selected in 2021 and 2022 for inclusion into the Best Lawyers in America®.
Since 2016, Mike has been selected by Colorado Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star” in the area of Construction Defect Litigation. Prior to his time in Colorado, he was selected by Wisconsin Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star” from 2012-2014 in the area of Business Litigation. Additionally, in 2014, Mr. Menghini was selected by the Wisconsin Law Journal as one of 26 “Up-and-Coming Lawyers” in the State of Wisconsin.
Mr. Menghini is licensed to practice law in Colorado, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Mr. Menghini spends his free time with his lovely wife, Maureen, and their five trouble-making children, Bernadette, Paul, Michael, Jr., Joseph, and Martha.
Honors & Accolades
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America, 2021-2024
- AV Preeminent® Rating, 5.0 out of 5.0, Martindale – Hubbell
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2016-2023
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2012 – 2014
- Up and Coming Lawyer, the Wisconsin Law Journal, 2014 – Selected by peers as one of 26 attorneys in the state of Wisconsin.
J.D., 2009, Marquette University Law School, with honors
B.S., 2006, Accounting, Franciscan University, with honors
Colorado Bar Association
Wisconsin Bar Association