When a developer establishes a community, they need to deal with a variety of geological hazards, depending on the region. Contracting soils can weaken the support around a bridge, leading to collapse. Unstable slopes can prove problematic when building private roadways and other infrastructure.
There are geological challenges, but builders have established construction techniques to address these types of problems. Unfortunately, builders do not always take the necessary precautions to prevent common infrastructure problems, such as:
- Heaving driveways: If the concrete in your driveway appears higher in the middle than on either side, if the sides are crumbling, or if cracks are appearing across the width of your driveway, it is probably heaving. This is typically cased by problematic soil conditions that were not addressed in the construction process.
- Sinkholes: Signs of a sinkhole on your property can include smaller holes in the ground, cracks in the foundation, the wall or the floors, and/or water pooling in the yard. It is typically caused either by natural or man-made erosion of the surface soil.
- Roads: Many of the country’s roadways are in poor condition, and some bridges are structurally deficient.
Our construction defect attorneys have extensive experience reviewing and analyzing information and working with consulting architects and engineers to help homeowners and homeowner associations determine whether their construction defects are the result of design errors that might warrant or require claims against design professionals involved in the design and construction of their home or community. Call Burg Simpson today at (866) 234-7768 or fill out our FREE case evaluation form now.
Construction Defects in Infrastructure
Our construction defect attorneys have represented many homeowner associations and individual homeowners in lawsuits seeking compensation for damages caused by:
- Heaving roads and street collapse
- Utility line failures
- Septic system failure
- Bridge collapse
- Soil erosion
- Road washouts
- Underground water issues
- Rock falls
- Leaking irrigation ditches
Experienced, careful homebuilders and developers are equipped to prevent future roadway problems by taking adequate precautions during construction. For example, to prevent roadways from washing out, developers and builders may need to install appropriate drainage pans and channels under the road. Poor drainage systems can often result in roads that are impassable and prone to flooding.
We Insist on Permanent Construction Defect Fixes
The ultimate objective of any construction defect law firm should be to address any construction defects that have occurred and make sure they are fixed permanently. Short-term repairs can be far more costly in the long run and can even lead to further damages. Our construction defect lawyers advise against quick fixes and instead focus on the larger underlying problems.
We work with homeowners and homeowner associations to bring experienced architects and engineers to evaluate problems, advise on required repairs, and intelligently estimate costs. We also help our clients deal with more immediate repair needs while their claims make their way through the system. Burg Simpson is a leading construction defect litigation firm. If your private roadways have been damaged as a result of construction defects, fill out our free case evaluation form or call us at (866) 344-7582 to schedule a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced construction defects attorneys.