A defective consumer product has left you or a loved one seriously injured. You have to ask:
Did the product feature an appropriate warning?
Is the product inherently dangerous by design?
Has the manufacturer or distributor been returning your calls for help?
Product liability occurs when a manufacturer, seller, distributor or retailer is held responsible for putting a defective or dangerous product out into the marketplace. Unsafe consumer products send millions of Americans to the emergency room every year. A product liability attorney at Burg Simpson Arizona is experienced in product liability cases to help our clients get the compensation they deserve. Our Arizona office is ready to work on your product liability case as soon as possible.
From manufacturing defects, design flaws or a failure to provide sufficient warnings to a consumer, we have worked on both the plaintiff and the defense side to prove negligence and seek punitive damages.
Our skilled team of trial attorneys, legal experts, and co-counsel partners are here to review the facts of your case. Contact an Arizona product liability lawyer immediately by filling out our FREE Case Evaluation form here, or call us at 602-777-7000.
CASES OF PRODUCT LIABILITY
Our expertise and experience cover a variety of product liability cases, including:
Burg Simpson Arizona has represented thousands of consumers injured by a multitude of different types of products – from a child’s swing set to a kitchen appliance. A Phoenix product liability attorney at Burg Simpson uses their extensive knowledge to help our clients obtain justice and rebuild their lives after suffering injury because of a manufacturer’s negligence.
Our trained team works with injured parties to help guide them through the myriad legal issues that surround product liability claims, including causation investigation, expert retention and evaluation of product defects, medical injury investigation, damages issues, insurance claims, settlement negotiations, and, if necessary, litigating in court against defendants who deny responsibility.
If you have been hurt by a poorly designed – or produced – product, call us right away at 602-777-7000 or complete our free case evaluation form HERE so that we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
WHAT MAKES A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT?
Generally speaking, there are three ways a product can be considered defective: by design, by construction, or through its marketing.
- Design flaws: These occur when a manufacturer fails to remove an inherent hazard in the product. Defective products, once they are revealed, are normally recalled either by the manufacturer or the government. Design defect claims arise from these products whether the product was built to the manufacturer’s specifications or not.
- Manufacturing defects: These occur when a properly designed product is somehow built improperly. These defects normally emerge within a small batch of products.
- Marketing defects: These flaws, which can also be called “failure to warn,” exist when the manufacturer fails to clearly alert consumers to a product’s intrinsic hazards. If the product is dangerous when used as directed or is more dangerous than an ordinary consumer should expect, the manufacturer can be held liable.
The product liability law firm of Burg Simpson Arizona has been fighting for product liability victims for decades. Reach out to us at 602-777-7000 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form right now.
WHAT DO I DO IF I AM A VICTIM OF A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT?
If a consumer product has left you or a family member seriously injured, the first thing you need to do is speak with a lawyer trained in products liability claims.
It’s also critical to know that there are time limits for filing cases and that those time limits vary depending upon which state’s law applies to the case. Because of these different time limits, it is essential that you do not waste any time seeking legal advice.
You also have to consider that proving a consumer products liability case can be problematic and costly. Often the manufacturer is a major corporation with deep pockets available to push back against your claim. You need to make sure you have experienced and established defective product lawyer helping handle your case. You can speak to us by filling out our Free Case Evaluation form.
TYPES OF COMPENSATION
Under Arizona law, if you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous, faulty or inadequately labeled product, you could be eligible for compensation for:
- Economic losses, including past and future medical and rehabilitation expenses, lost income, lost earning potential, and out-of-pocket costs
- Non-economic losses, which can include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, mental and emotional distress, and inconvenience
- Permanent impairment and/or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium by an affected loved one
- The family of a person killed by a defective product may also be entitled to file a wrongful death claim to recover damages
It is worth noting that any evidence of pre-existing medical conditions could mitigate the value of your case. To get a better idea of the circumstances surrounding your case – and what they mean – contact Burg Simpson before it is too late at 602-777-7000.