The oil and gas business has been booming over the last 10 years or so. The workforce has doubled while the number of rigs, according to the Centers for Disease Control, has increased by more than 70 percent since 2003. Not surprisingly, worksite fatalities have jumped more than 27 percent – with more than 100 people getting killed on the job every year. In fact, the oil and gas industry remains one of the deadliest occupations in the country.
If an oil or gas accident has taken the life of a family member, a Phoenix personal injury lawyer can help.
Arizona might be a state better known for its copper mines, but it also boasts a fair amount of oil, as well. Enough, in fact, to warrant nearly 400 oil wells in the state. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an oil or gas accident, do not wait to talk to a Phoenix accident lawyer. Call Burg Simpson Arizona at 602-777-7000 or complete our Free Case Evaluation form right now.
The most common oil and gas fatalities are:
- Vehicle incidents – These account for nearly two-thirds of worksite deaths.
- Contact with objects and/or equipment – These incidents make up a little more than a quarter of deaths.
- Fires or explosions – 14.3 percent.
- Exposure to harmful substances or environments – 8.8 percent.
- Falls, slips, and trips – 8.2 percent.
While the most common oil and gas injuries are amputations and fractures, oil and gas sites still present a host of other hazards, such as:
- Defective or poorly maintained machinery.
- Workover rigs.
- Pumping stations.
- Pipeline maintenance and failure.
- A breakdown of the rig casing.
- Rig and equipment maintenance failures.
- Loading and unloading.
- Total rig or equipment failure or collapse.
- Negligent or reckless use of equipment.
- Improper or negligent hiring, training, or supervision of employees.
If you have been seriously hurt in an oil or gas rig accident, get in touch with an Arizona personal injury lawyer right away by calling our Burg Simpson Phoenix office at 602-777-7000.
Call a Burg Simpson Arizona Injury Lawyer
At Burg Simpson in Arizona, we have handled hundreds of oil and gas accident claims over the years and we are dedicated to fighting for compensation for injured workers. We also have the experience and resources to help survivors of wrongful death victims handle the legal issues that go along with these accidents. If you have been seriously injured – or you have lost a loved one – in a gas or oil accident, please call Burg Simpson before it is too late. You can speak with an Arizona personal injury lawyer by calling 602-777-7000 or by filling out our Free Case Evaluation Form now.