Spinal Cord Injuries Due to a Motor Vehicle Crash
Spinal Cord Injuries Caused by a Motor Vehicle Crash
If you have been in a motor vehicle collision and suffered an injury to your spinal cord, call Burg Simpson for help now. Our compassionate and experienced personal injury lawyers have assisted people with spinal injuries sustained in motor vehicle crashes for over 45 years.
Consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer at Burg Simpson Now
The spinal cord injury lawyers at Burg Simpson offer a free case evaluation, and we are here to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Allow our award-winning personal injury lawyers to handle the details of your personal injury matter so you can focus on your journey to recovery.
Common Causes of Spinal cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury can stem from trauma to the spine that fractures, dislocates, crushes, or compresses the vertebrae. Spinal cord injuries can also result from damage to ligaments, discs, or the spinal cord itself. Additional damage to the spinal cord can occur due to bleeding, swelling, inflammation, and fluid accumulation in and around the spinal cord.
Emergency Signs and Symptoms
Emergency signs and symptoms of a spinal cord injury after an accident include:
- Severe back pain or pressure in the neck, head, or back
- Weakness, incoordination, or paralysis
- Numbness, tingling, or loss of sensation in hands, fingers, feet, or toes
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Difficulty with balance
- Impaired breathing
- A twisted neck or back
Treating a Spinal Injury from a Car Accident
Anyone who has experienced trauma to the head or neck should seek immediate medical attention for a possible spinal injury. Serious spinal injuries are not always immediately apparent. The time between injury and treatment can be critical in determining the extent and the severity of the injury.
Motor Vehicle Crashes are a Common Cause of Spinal Cord Injury
Prevent spinal cord injuries:
- Wear Your Seatbelt. Motor vehicle collisions are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries. Always make sure you and your passengers buckle up.
- Young children should use an age- and weight-appropriate child safety seat.
- Children under 12 should sit in the back seat to prevent airbag injuries.
- Do not drink and drive. Do not get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle if you are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
Call Burg Simpson for Legal Representation Now:
- We will help you understand your legal rights and the options available to you regarding your personal injury claim.
- We will complete all the legal paperwork regarding your claim.
- We will thoroughly investigate the incident that caused your injury and gather the necessary evidence to support your claim.
- We will work with you to identify the resources you need to help you on your journey to recovery.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Our highly skilled trial lawyers will advocate for you and fight for your best interests.
- Our personal injury lawyers will work together to protect you and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Speak to a Personal Injury Attorney at Burg Simpson Today
Injuries to the spinal column injuries are often costly to treat. At Burg Simpson, our award-winning trial lawyers have over four decades of experience representing clients with personal injury claims. We will handle the details of your legal matter and fight for you to maximize your compensation. If you have sustained severe injuries in a motor vehicle collision, call Burg Simpson’s personal injury lawyers now for a free case evaluation.
CALL BURG SIMPSON FOR HELP NOW AT 888 895-2080