Multi-Family Home Construction Defect Lawyers Serving Denver
During the first few years of a new residential development’s life, builders and developers typically control the homeowner associations. One of the more important goals of these new associations – at least to them – is to limit the number of repairs they are required to make. When control is finally relinquished to the residents, the property owners are usually left with both the problems and the repair bills.
Burg Simpson is a leading construction defect law firm serving condominium, townhouse, and homeowners associations. We represent homeowner associations throughout Colorado.
Call us today to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our Colorado construction defect attorneys at 303-792-5595 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form right now.
TOP CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS
Generally speaking, most construction defects are either design or construction problems. The most common construction defects are:
- Windows – Improper installation or alignment can lead to leaks, which can cause serious issues.
- Roofs – There are several things that can go wrong with a roof installation, such as badly installed flashing or faulty installation of the roof membrane. Defective roof materials can also lead to damaging leaks.
- Improper Drainage – If the ground slope is designed to go toward the foundation as opposed to away from it, water can threaten the foundation, leading to extensive, costly repairs.
- Concrete Slabs – Improperly cured slabs can lead to cracked foundation, which are difficult repairs.
- Decks – Decks often suffer from poorly installed water barriers or structural issues. The resulting damage can elude detection.
- Electrical – Botched electrical installation can lead to fires.
- Plumbing – Plumbing problems can result in leaky pipes and extensive water damage.
- Buried Slabs – Buried slabs can create conditions where water is introduced into the interior of the home because of improper drainage.
- Insulation – Poorly installed or a complete lack of insulation can lead to wild variations of interior temperature.
- HVAC – If dampers, vents, and ducts are poorly located and/or installed, ineffective heating or cooling can result, even lead to possibly life-threatening situations such as flammability issues and potential carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you encounter any of these defects in your condominium, call the Denver construction defect attorneys at Burg Simpson immediately at 303-792-5595 to discuss your case for free.
WE WORK FOR LASTING CONSTRUCTION DEFECT SOLUTIONS
Our Denver construction defect lawyers work hard with homeowner associations and their consulting experts to get construction defects fixed permanently so the problems do not return. We warn our clients to avoid cosmetic or short-term approaches that fail to address the underlying problems.
We can help homeowner association boards identify highly qualified and experienced construction experts and engineers to evaluate problems, assess repair alternatives, and accurately estimate the costs involved. We will also help you deal with emergency repairs while your lawsuit is in progress.
Before looking for remedies through litigation, we advise our clients to attempt to resolve problems with builders and developers through other means. Litigation can be a costly and time-consuming process. Often negotiation is a more cost-effective and efficient way of resolving construction defect problems with a builder.
If you need help negotiating with your builder and/or developer, make sure you have a construction defects lawyer by your side so that your rights are protected. Contact Burg Simpson as soon as possible for a free, no-obligation consultation at 303-792-5595.
ADDRESSING A WIDE RANGE OF CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS
As effective communicators, we are able to explain the issues and alternatives to association members as necessary. We can address the member concerns at board meetings before and after any legal actions, and we can draft litigation updates for association members.
Our law firm has represented thousands of condominium, townhome, and homeowners associations in Colorado seeking damages for residential construction defects such as:
- Soil and slope instability and geologic hazard problems.
- Real and artificial (EIFS) stucco failure.
- Water intrusion and building envelope failures.
- Roof failures.
- Underground drain failures.
- Design errors.
- Poor workmanship.
- Building material and product failures.
- Roadway problems.
- Construction material and building product failures.
- Failing roads and infrastructure.
HOW MUCH DOES A CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS CLAIM COST?
Almost all of our construction defect fee agreements are drafted on a contingency basis, which means our fee is established as a percentage of your eventual recovery. We only get paid for our work if we obtain compensation for you. If you do not receive damages, then you do not owe us anything. If you decide to work with us to pursue your claim, all of this will be spelled out in a written fee agreement.
We work to maximize your recovery so that after our fees are paid, you have enough money left over to fix as many of the problems as possible. In all cases, our goal is to ensure that you get the home you were promised.
Read our complete detail of Fees and Costs.
CONTACT YOUR CONSTRUCTION DEFECT LAW FIRM, BURG SIMPSON TODAY
Since each person’s situation is unique, and the law related to condominium and homeowners associations is constantly changing, you can not rely on anything here as legal advice. To understand your legal rights you must speak directly to a lawyer about your problem. Read our complete disclaimer.
Fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM or call our Denver construction defect lawyers at 303-792-5595 today for a free, confidential consultation. We are here to help!