Denver Metro Oil and Gas Accident Lawyers Serving All of Colorado
More often than not, oil and gas companies, operators, and contractors are not diligent enough in preventing accidents, which can make an already dangerous situation deadly. Most injuries occur because of carelessness, faulty equipment, inadequate safety equipment or training, or poor equipment maintenance.
For a few years now, the oil and gas sector of the economy has been a tale of trades. Because of suppressed demand and a prolonged slump in oil prices, employment remains stagnant. In fact, the solar industry surpassed oil and gas, in terms of job growth, for the first time in 2016. This growth has increased the need for our expert Oil and Gas Injury Lawyers in Denver.
On the other hand, on-the-job injuries in the oil and gas business have been on the decline, too. That is not out of line with an overall drop in workplace accidents across all industries. Most experts will tell you oil and gas accidents rise and fall with the price of oil. Still, oil and gas extraction professionals face the country’s second-highest rate of workplace fatalities of any industry. It is a problem the industry continues to combat. If you have been hurt in an oil related accident, fill out our FREE Evaluation Form or call one of our Oil & Gas Attorneys at 303-792-5595 now! We can help you.
“We are proud of our strong safety record but even one incident is too many,” Eric Wohlschlegel, a spokesman for the American Petroleum Institute, wrote in a statement in late 2016.
These workers complete long shifts, usually far from their families, in often hostile conditions. They face falls, equipment failure or collapse, drilling accidents, explosions, fires, electrocution, and exposure to toxic chemicals, among other things. Injuries can range from broken or fractured bones to brain injuries, amputations, burns, spine and spinal cord injuries, and other serious physical, mental, and emotional injuries.
If you or a family member has been injured in an oil and/or gas accident, call our personal injury attorneys in Denver, with Burg Simpson, at 303-792-5595 immediately.
CAUSES OF COLORADO OIL & GAS INJURIES
More often than not, oil and gas companies, operators, and contractors are not diligent enough in preventing accidents, which can make an already dangerous situation deadly. Most injuries occur because of carelessness, faulty equipment, inadequate safety equipment or training, or poor equipment maintenance. According to studies, the five most common oil and gas injuries are:
- Vehicle collisions: Oddly enough, the road is far more deadly than any rig. Fatal motor vehicle accidents are on the rise. Most workers have long drives after even longer shifts. The boom in fracking also has more trucks transporting water to worksites. Increased levels of traffic and employee exhaustion can be a deadly combination.
- Machine hazards: Several careers involve the frequent operation of heavy machinery, but few rival the risks involved with oil and gas workers, due in no small part to the fact that so many of these machines operate in unguarded areas. There is also the constant levels of noise, vibration, and falling objects.
- Chemical exposure: Drilling for oil and gas – not to mention processing it – necessitates the use of several types of toxic chemicals and fumes. Prolonged exposure to any of them can result in headaches, nausea, dizziness, and chemical burns.
- Fall hazards: A great deal of oil and gas extraction involves working on elevated platforms. Fall protection systems are critical. But faulty harnesses, chemical spills, loose tools, and equipment can all lead to a tragic fall.
- Fires and explosions: Obviously, these highly combustible materials always involve a higher-than-average risk of fires and explosions.
Other kinds of accidents that can cause a serious injury include:
- Defective products
- Pipeline maintenance and failure
- Casing failure
- Oil or gas rig and equipment maintenance failures
- Transportation loading and unloading
- Oil or gas rig or equipment failure or collapse
- Improper equipment use by others
- Improper or negligent hiring, training, or supervision
If you have been hurt while driving to or from a worksite, speak to a Colorado personal injury lawyer as soon as possible by calling 303-792-5595.
THIRD-PARTY FAULT IN OIL & GAS INJURY CASES IN COLORADO
There are some cases where you could be entitled to recover additional damages against third parties who might have contributed to your injury through their negligence or recklessness. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured while working on an oil and gas rig, in a refinery, on a pipeline, or by the operation or failure of other equipment or motor vehicles, you could be entitled to compensation for:
- Economic losses you might have suffered. These are objectively quantifiable monetary damage that can include past and future medical bills, rehabilitation expense, lost income, any lost earning potential, and any out-of-pocket costs you might have incurred.
- Non-economic losses, which are more subjective and much harder to quantify. These can include claims for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, mental and emotional distress, and inconvenience.
- Permanent impairment and disfigurement.
- Loss of consortium by an affected spouse.
Families of oil and gas workers killed by the negligence, fault, or recklessness of the company (or someone else) may be entitle to recover wrongful death damages. These can also include claims for economic damages (e.g., wages and other income the deceased would have earned, emergency and hospital care, funeral and burial expenses) and non-economic damages (loss of comfort, care, affection, love, companionship suffered by the survivors of the deceased).
If you or a loved one has been injured while working as an oil and gas worker, do not try to handle your case by yourself. Call an experienced Denver injury lawyer at Burg Simpson today at 303-792-5595 and receive a free, no-obligation consultation.
CONTACT AN OIL & GAS INJURY ATTORNEY AT BURG SIMPSON TODAY
At Burg Simpson, each experienced Denver personal injury attorney knows how to handle your oil and gas accident claim. We are committed to helping injured oil and gas workers seek compensation after an accident. We have assisted thousands of victims on the road to rebuilding their lives. We also have the experience and resources to help survivors of wrongful death victims navigate the many legal issues that come with these kinds of accidents, which can include accident and medical investigation, statutory employer identification issues, expert identification, insurance claims, settlement negotiations, and litigating in court against persons and companies who refuse to take responsibility. Time is of the essence in these personal injury cases. Do not wait to reach out to one of our veteran oil and gas injury lawyers in Denver to discuss the specifics of your case. Fill out our Free Evaluation Form here or call Burg Simpson right now at 303-792-5595.