When you or a family member has been injured, finding the right lawyer to help can seem overwhelming among a long list of things you must do. Fortunately, there are six main things to look for as you seek the best personal injury attorney for your circumstances.
- Experience. How long has the lawyer you plan to work with been in practice? A longer background in personal injury cases like yours help a lawyer to know both the court and legal processes that will come up and the likely compensation possible for you.
- Past results. Look at the types of settlements your lawyer has been able to win for clients like you. Any lawyer you consider should be able to provide overviews of cases won with details on compensation for the clients.
- Specialty. Some attorneys are generalists, ready to help with any kind of personal injury case you have. In many cases, a specialist who is well-versed on your specific type of case — such as motor vehicle accidents, industrial accidents, or trip and fall accidents — can provide the most knowledge and reach the best possible settlement.
- Going to trial. Many personal injury lawyers are skilled in reaching settlements without going to court, but you should select an attorney who has experience going to trial and won’t shy away from doing so should your case require it.
- Reviews. What do past clients say? Online reviews can give you some clues, but they can also be unreliable. Ask family and friends about experiences with specific attorneys you are considering. Also, ask the lawyers for testimonials from past clients.
- Certifications. While certifications and awards don’t guarantee performance, they are another indicator that your attorney is well-trained and has experience in personal injury cases. Many of these certifications are difficult to achieve, so they show that your lawyer has a high level of ability in the field.
Why You Should Set Up a FREE Consultation with Burg Simpson
Colorado-based law firm Burg Simpson is an excellent choice for your personal injury attorneys. Burg Simpson has offices in Colorado, Arizona, Ohio, Wyoming, New Mexico, Nevada, and Florida, achieving great results for our clients. We help you protect your rights and those of your loved ones in any type of personal injury case, including drunk driving and motor vehicle crashes, product liability, workplace injury, premises liability, and wrongful death.
Burg Simpson has the experience to tackle any type of tough personal injury case and get the best possible compensation for you. Our firm has won numerous national awards, including one of America’s Most Influential Law Firms as selected by the National Trial Lawyers, and a rating as one of the nation’s best law firms in the 2019 U.S. News and World Report.
Call us today at (303) 792-5995 in the Denver area or toll-free nationwide at (844) 212-0122 to set up a free initial consultation. We can’t reverse your injuries, but we can treat you right and work to get you the best possible compensation.