Experienced Nevada Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Ready to Help
While working in an office may not seem as dangerous as many other occupations, these environments pose their own set of workplace hazards that can cause injuries to employees. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, approximately 76,000 office workers are seriously injured on the job every year. If you have been hurt at the office, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
Burg Simpson’s experienced worker’s comp attorneys understand the complicated laws surrounding workers’ compensation claims. Do not try to handle your case by yourself or wait before reaching out for assistance through this complex system. Call us today at (866) 344-7582 or fill out our FREE case evaluation form to get started with your initial consultation.
Types of Office Workplace Hazards
Our experienced team of workers’ compensation lawyers has handled dozens of office accidents and injury cases. Some of the most common accidents include:
- Falls: These are by far the most common accidents office workers suffer, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Frustratingly, they are one of the easiest accidents to prevent. The CDC reports that office workers are more than twice as likely to suffer a fall injury as non-office workers. Common causes include slipping on wet floors, reaching for an object from an unstable position, tripping, and poor lighting.
- Overexertion: Strain injuries can occur as a result of lifting and/or transporting heavy objects. Office workers, by the very nature of their work, are also susceptible to repetitive motion and pressure injuries.
- Ergonomics: According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, conditions that can cause serious work-related musculoskeletal disorders include repetitive movements that increase pressure on nerves and irritate tendons, awkward sitting positions, or neck strain from looking at improperly placed computer screens, and maintaining a static posture for a long period of time.
- Workplace violence: Sadly violence at work is more prevalent than ever. Homicide is the fourth-leading cause of workplace fatalities in the U.S.
- Electricity: As advances in technology have modernized office environments, electrical accidents – and injuries – have become increasingly common.
How Can We Help With Your Workers’ Comp Claim?
Depending on where you like, you may not be required to prove fault for your workplace injury. The workers’ compensation attorneys at Burg Simpson have worked with many office workers and clerical staff members to help them receive the compensation they deserve for workplace injuries. While this compensation includes medical benefits, reimbursement for expenses, and recovery of lost wages, our experienced workplace accident lawyers can also help you:
- Understand the complexities of workers’ compensation law
- Access medical care and rehabilitative treatment
- Earn reimbursement for related expenses
- Apply for potential Social Secuirt benefits
- Consider legal options regarding possible third-party claims and personal injury lawsuits
Do not wait to find out what your workers’ compensation options are or try to take on these complicated cases on your own or you could lose out on your claim. Reach out to our office accident lawyers for a free, no-obligation consultation and we can help you understand your rights and the options that may be available. Call us at (866) 234-7768 or fill out our FREE case evaluation form before it is too late!