Personal Injury Attorneys Serving All of Arizona
You should speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible if you or a member of your family sustained a serious injury due to the negligence of another. The time to make a claim is limited, and you will not have a full understanding of your legal rights until you consult a knowledgeable injury attorney.
Reasons to contact Burg Simpson about your personal injury case include:
- Reputation. Burg Simpson is a prestigious, award-winning law firm. Attorneys at our office in Phoenix, Arizona, have obtained recognition from organizations such as Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers.
- Results. Our personal injury attorneys have achieved billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, with multiple recoveries exceeding the $1 million mark.
- Experience. Our team is made up of top-rated trial attorneys who have taken on large and powerful defendants across the country – and won.
For a FREE case evaluation with a Phoenix personal injury lawyer, please call 602-777-7000 today. Burg Simpson serves clients throughout Arizona and nationwide.
Have You Been Seriously Injured in Phoenix, Arizona?
An accident that leads to injury can happen anywhere and at any time. It is difficult to know what to do if you find yourself in this situation. Serious injuries carry significant medical expenses. They can also limit your ability to work. In the most extreme cases, a serious personal injury can permanently alter your entire life, leaving you not only with medical bills and little to no income to pay them but major physical, mental, and emotional burdens.
Examples of serious, life-altering injuries our accident attorneys commonly see include:
If you believe that someone else (such as the driver of a vehicle, the owner of a property, etc.) is responsible for the accident that led to your injuries, it is crucial to consult a personal injury lawyer promptly. At Burg Simpson, we are focused on representing the victims of serious and catastrophic injuries. These are the people who need our help the most, and they are the people for whom we have achieved strong results with our commitment to pursuing life-changing outcomes.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Injury claims can stem from a number of different accidents. Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers often handle cases involving:
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle accidents account for a significant number of personal injury cases. Our attorneys can help you pursue the full compensation you deserve from the at-fault driver and any other responsible parties.
- Trucking Accidents: Truck accident claims are complicated. They often involve serious injuries, significant damages, and complex liability. Our personal injury lawyers in Phoenix have the experience you need to hold truck drivers, trucking companies, and other defendants accountable.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable in the event of a crash. At Burg Simpson, we pursue maximum compensation on behalf of seriously injured riders.
- Premises Liability: Premises liability claims are a type of personal injury action that seeks to hold property owners and occupiers accountable for accidents on the premises they control. Our lawyers will investigate and collect evidence of the unsafe conditions that led to your injuries.
- Product Liability: Consumers are entitled to compensation if they suffer injury due to a product defect. Burg Simpson has extensive experience with product liability lawsuits.
- Nursing Home Neglect: Abuse and neglect are pervasive problems in nursing homes. Our personal injury lawyers can help you hold caregivers and the nursing home responsible for the harm your loved one has sustained.
- Construction Accidents: Construction accidents are among the most serious types of workplace accidents. You and your family may be entitled to substantial compensation if the negligence of a third party caused you injury.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful people at this firm. My particular case was complicated with many different issues...
I had a great experience working with Burg Simpson in handling my case. They were professional, responsive, and were ready...
-Indigo Booke H.
I called Burg Simpson, they explained how I could get through this process, the settlement I would possibly be looking...
We were very pleased with the outcome of our case.
The call I made to Burg Simpson was truly the best call that I’ve ever made in my life.
They told me who they were, that I could trust them, that they would fight for my family, and they...
In the most extreme cases, a serious injury may prove fatal. Burg Simpson can help if your family is grieving the loss of a loved one in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Our attorneys can pursue a wrongful death claim on behalf of your family and seek the maximum compensation you and your relatives deserve.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Arizona?
The time limit to file a lawsuit is known as the statute of limitations. In Arizona, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is 2 years (see Arizona Revised Statutes § 12-542).
Two years is not a lot of time. Evidence needs to be gathered and legal proceedings need to be initiated within this timeframe for you to have the opportunity to obtain compensation for your injuries.
Do not delay: Contact Burg Simpson today for a FREE case evaluation. Our personal injury attorneys will investigate and start building your case promptly. Although it is not always necessary to file a lawsuit to recover damages in a personal injury case, our lawyers will ensure that your legal rights are preserved and your claim is handled efficiently.
When Do I Need to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Ideally your personal injury case will be resolved without the need to file a lawsuit, let alone go to trial. Many personal injury claims are settled. This means they are concluded by mutual agreement between the parties concerning who is at fault and what compensation will be paid.
At Burg Simpson, we are often able to obtain fair compensation on behalf of our clients through expert negotiations. However, if it becomes necessary to sue, our personal injury lawyers will handle the paperwork and all other aspects of the filing for you and fight for you and your loved ones in court.
Situations where it may be necessary to file a lawsuit for personal injury compensation include:
- Insurance disputes. Most personal injury lawsuits arise because of disagreements between the claimant and one or more of the insurance companies involved.
- The insurance company makes a low offer. Insurance companies are not in the business of big payouts. Any settlement offer you receive is likely to be far less than what you deserve. Though a personal injury lawyer may be able to negotiate a higher settlement on your behalf, it may be necessary to sue for the full damages you deserve.
- You are facing significant and ongoing medical expenses. Medical expenses will probably make up a majority of the damages in your personal injury case. If your medical bills are substantial and the costs are likely to continue accumulating in the future, a personal injury attorney can discuss the likelihood of negotiating a favorable settlement to cover these expenses versus the need to file a lawsuit.
- The injury has left you disabled. If you are unable to work or live on your own after an accident, both your expenses and the complexity of your personal injury case will increase. Generally, it will be necessary to file a lawsuit to recover the full extent of your losses from a permanent disability.
- Contested liability. Whether multiple defendants are involved or a single defendant or insurer places the blame for the accident on you, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit and possibly go to trial if the other side refuses to accept fault.
A Phoenix personal injury lawyer at Burg Simpson can advise you whether it will be necessary to sue to recover the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys can represent you in settlement negotiations and at trial if that is what it takes to achieve a favorable outcome in your case.
How Much Compensation Am I Entitled To for Personal Injury?
Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers have one objective: help you recover the maximum compensation you deserve. This requires not only proving that the other party or parties are at fault for your injuries but accurately establishing the damages you and your family have suffered.
You may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- The cost of assistive devices, prescription medication, etc.
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Permanent disability
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Accounting for the damages in your injury case is no easy task. It is crucial to hire an Arizona personal injury attorney who can evaluate how the accident has affected your life, the nature and extent of your injuries, and the economic and non-economic impact you are facing.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Until you speak to a Phoenix personal injury lawyer, nobody is looking out for your rights or your interests after an accident. Hiring a personal injury attorney has a number of benefits, chief among them protecting your right to compensation.
A personal injury lawyer at Burg Simpson can do the following on your behalf:
- Investigate the accident. The first step of a personal injury case is collecting evidence and determining who is at fault. Although you might have been able to gather some evidence at the scene, our law firm has extensive resources that enable us to conduct comprehensive investigations.
- Evaluate the evidence. The success of your personal injury case hinges on proving fault. Injury victims often struggle to do this on their own. Our personal injury lawyers know what to look for when building your case. We pore over photographs, witness statements, and more to ensure that all liable parties are held accountable.
- Consult expert witnesses. Expert testimony often plays a crucial role in your personal injury. At Burg Simpson, we hire qualified experts to evaluate the seriousness of our clients’ injuries, reconstruct the accident, identify issues of negligence, and more.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Multiple forms of insurance may be involved in personal injury matters. The personal injury lawyers at Burg Simpson can help you navigate the complexities of first-party and third-party claims and negotiate with the insurers on your behalf.
- Fight for you at trial. Burg Simpson has a reputation for achieving high-value settlements in personal injury claims. If, however, the defendant(s) won’t play fair, our personal injury attorneys can file a lawsuit and, if necessary, present your case in court.
Why Choose Burg Simpson
The Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Burg Simpson have achieved a number of notable settlements and trial awards for clients in Arizona, including:
$15 Million Wrongful Death
$6.5 Million Brain Injury
$6.4 Million Gas Explosion
$5.6 Million Product Defect Case
$5.3 Million Insurance Bad Faith
$3.2 Million Auto Accident
$900,000 Wrongful Death
$800,000 Auto Accident
$600,000 Pharmacy Error
$500,000 Wrongful Death
Contact a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer Today
For more than 40 years, Burg Simpson has been fighting to hold negligent individuals and corporations responsible for the injuries they cause. We have the experience, resources, and power of a large law firm while maintaining a small-firm focus on the needs of the individual client.
We fight for the underdog. Our attorneys and staff are committed to pursuing fair compensation and justice for those who have been seriously injured through no fault of their own.
Good Lawyers. Changing Lives.®
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, by a defective product, on an unsafe property, or in some other circumstance, Burg Simpson can help. Our personal injury attorneys strive to do everything possible to change our clients’ lives for the better.
Please call Burg Simpson at 602-777-7000 today for a FREE and confidential case evaluation. Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers serve clients throughout Arizona and nationwide.