What Are the Most Common Exterior Building Defects?
A construction defect is defined as any defect in the design or construction of any improvement to real property that causes personal injury or damage to real or personal property. The most common flaws found in building exteriors include:
- Roofing: Problems with roof installation and/or materials can include unsealed penetrations, missing shingles, shoddy underlayment, and more. The roof can be a major source of exterior construction defects.
- Windows: Leaks through windows or walls near windows are a sign of bad window installation and a common type of construction defect.
- Doors: Defects with door installations can include improper or missing flashing.
- Sliding glass doors: Improper installation of sliding glass doors can result in leaks and possible water damage.
- Exterior enclosure: These issues can affect stucco (cracking, window/door separation), masonry veneer (loose or cracking veneers), and the siding and trim (poor weather barrier, poor lapping or flashing).
- Balconies and decks: Issues with these exterior features may include flaws in either design or installation. Examples are general poor workmanship, improper materials or fasteners, failure to add flashing, or using the wrong concrete mix, among other problems.
How Much Does a Construction Defects Claim Cost?
Call the Experienced Construction Defect Lawyers at Burg Simpson
Exterior defects in a new home can do an extensive amount of damage over time, whether the issue is caused by water leaking into your attic or poor ventilation that can threaten your family’s health. If you think your home may have design flaws or construction defects, you need to speak with the construction defect attorneys at Burg Simpson immediately. Call us at (866) 506-3183 or fill out our free case evaluation form now.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful people at this firm. My particular case was complicated with many different issues...
I had a great experience working with Burg Simpson in handling my case. They were professional, responsive, and were ready...
-Indigo Booke H.
I called Burg Simpson, they explained how I could get through this process, the settlement I would possibly be looking...
We were very pleased with the outcome of our case. Burg Simpson Law Firm We understand that when you are...
The call I made to Burg Simpson was truly the best call that I’ve ever made in my life. Burg...
They told me who they were, that I could trust them, that they would fight for my family, and they...