Who Are the Responsible Parties when Design Errors Appear?
There are a number of parties involved in the design and construction of a new home. Three of the most important people involved in building a new home include:
- Architects: Architects are responsible for designing new homes, but these licensed professionals also supervise the execution of their designs and the actual home construction. Frequently, the architect has to make changes to their original designs during the construction process. Generally speaking, the architect is responsible for three different roles: design, documentation, and construction. Design defects can arise when the architect’s plans are not complete or are inaccurate.
- Contractors: Contractors, or construction managers, plan and supervise new home construction. They also work closely with the architect so they can meticulously execute their original design. Design defects will emerge if that design contains flaws that the contractor either did not recognize or simply overlooked.
- Subcontractors: Subcontractors are the employees who actually execute the contractor’s orders. They are divided into specialties, such as masons, electricians, and carpenters, for example.
Design errors fall into three different classifications:
- Skill or performance-based errors
- Rule or knowledge-based errors
- Intentional violations or simple noncompliance
Contact Our Construction Defect Law Firm Today
If your new home has design defects that threaten the value of your investment or the health and safety of your family, you need to speak with the construction defect lawyers at Burg Simpson as soon as possible. Almost all of our representation in cases of design errors is handled on a contingency fee basis. Until we recover financial compensation, you pay no attorney fees. Please note though, that in accordance with legal ethics rules, you may be responsible for certain court costs.
Every case is unique and the laws governing home building and construction defects are being adjusted all the time. To fully understand your legal rights, speak directly with a construction defect attorney about your situation. Call us today as (866) 506-3183 or fill out our FREE case evaluation form as soon as possible.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful people at this firm. My particular case was complicated with many different issues...
I had a great experience working with Burg Simpson in handling my case. They were professional, responsive, and were ready...
-Indigo Booke H.
I called Burg Simpson, they explained how I could get through this process, the settlement I would possibly be looking...
We were very pleased with the outcome of our case. Burg Simpson Law Firm We understand that when you are...
The call I made to Burg Simpson was truly the best call that I’ve ever made in my life. Burg...
They told me who they were, that I could trust them, that they would fight for my family, and they...