When a loved one is taken from our lives because of someone else’s negligence or misconduct, the sense of injustice can be almost too much to bear. At Burg Simpson in Wyoming, we have witnessed firsthand the pain caused by these tragic and unnecessary circumstances. Our accident injury lawyers are here to help with your wrongful death case.
Aside from the obvious emotional turmoil, many families face severe economic hardship, especially when it is the primary wage earner who passes. In Wyoming, if a person or institution causes the negligent death of a family member or close relative, you have the right to hold them liable, file a wrongful death claim, and seek compensation for your loss.
If an accident has taken the life of a loved one, don’t wait to reach out to a Wyoming personal injury lawyer as quickly as possible. Call our Wyoming office before it’s too late at 307-527-7891 or complete our Case Evaluation form here to discuss your case for free.
Some of the most common causes of wrongful death include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car accidents jumped sharply in 2016, killing more than 37,400 motorists and passengers.
- Traumatic brain injuries: These serious injuries killed more than 50,000 Americans annually.
- Pedestrian injuries: Increased distractions – for both drivers and pedestrians – has no doubt contributed to an 11 percent spike in pedestrian fatalities in 2016. Accidents took the lives of nearly 6,000 that year.
- Defective product injuries: Roughly 36,000 American consumers die every year because of defective consumer products.
- Slip and falls: About half of all slip-and-fall deaths take place in the home, and are one of the leading causes of death among senior citizens.
- Workplace accidents: In 2015, workplace accidents took the lives of more than 4,800 employees.
Depending on the circumstances of the accident that took your loved one’s life, damages can potentially be recovered for funeral expenses, lost earnings, lost future income, pain and suffering on behalf of the surviving loved ones, and medical bills, for example. For help going through all of these numbers, it is important to consult with a personal injury lawyer in Wyoming who has experience with these cases.
If you have lost a family member because of an accident caused by someone’s negligence, call our Wyoming office at 307-527-7891.
Experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers
In our experience, insurance companies often fiercely defend wrongful death lawsuits because of the potentially large damages that can result. For that reason, if you think that you may have a legitimate claim, it is crucial that you hire an experienced wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible. You need a law firm that has the experience and resources to fight the insurance company “tooth and nail” to make sure you are fully compensated for your loss. Fill out our Free Case Evaluation Form HERE or call our Wyoming office now at 307-527-7891.