Research reveals that more than 400,000 people die every year in the hospital as a result of preventable mistakes. Hundreds of thousands more are injured, costing the health care industry as much as 29 billion in unnecessary expenses.
When you are admitted to a hospital, you expect to be treated for an illness, disease or injury in an effective and timely manner. The last thing you expect is to suffer a medical injury or leave the hospital in worse shape than when you entered. Hospital errors and medical malpractice threaten the health of Americans every day. Negligence by doctors, surgeons, nurses, technicians, and pharmacists in hospitals can have devastating, even life-changing, consequences.
If you or a family member has been seriously injured during a hospital stay and you suspect hospital negligence, you need experienced legal assistance. Get in touch with the medical negligence attorneys at Burg Simpson’s Wyoming office by calling 307-527-7891 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form HERE.
Hospital errors can occur at any time and for a variety of different reasons. Some of the most common include:
- Infections — Out of every 25 patients admitted to the hospital, at least one of them will develop an infection during their stay. Infections are typically the result of poor sanitary conditions, irresponsible hospital staff, or both.
- Medication errors — Patients frequently receive the wrong drug, an improper drug dosage, or have an allergic reaction to a drug that should never have been administered to them.
- Surgical errors — These horrific mistakes can include wrong site surgery, wrong patient surgery, negligently performed surgery or a member of the surgical team leaving a foreign object or surgical tool in the body of a patient.
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis — These errors include failing to order and correctly review test data in a competent and efficient manner or simply missing the symptoms that suggest a certain illness or injury.
- Obstetrical mistakes — These can lead to birth injuries such as Cerebral Palsy, Erb’s Palsy, and Kernicterus, among many others.
- Emergency department errors — These mistakes can include patient intake and procedural errors.
Given that hospital errors can occur in many ways, it is often difficult to determine who is ultimately responsible. A resident doctor, a consultant specialist, an anesthesiologist, nurse, paramedic technician, or even a member of the hospital’s administrative staff may be guilty of careless conduct. If you suspect that you or a loved one has been seriously injured as a result of a preventable hospital error, it is vital that you talk to an experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Call Burg Simpson Wyoming at 307-527-7891 for a free initial consultation with a negligence attorney.
Wyoming Attorneys Experienced in Hospital Errors Lawsuits
We have handled thousands of medical malpractice claims over the last 40 years. Recovering millions of dollars in damages for hospital patients in Wyoming and across the country. Complete our Free Case Evaluation Form or contact one of our hospital negligence lawyers today by calling 307-527-7891.