Healthcare makes up one-sixth of the American economy. So, it is no surprise that healthcare workers and nurses make up one of the country’s largest workforce. It is also experiencing record growth, which shows no signs of letting up, as demand for these services outstrips the supply. If you or a loved one in the healthcare field has been injured at work, call a Burg Simpson Colorado workers’ compensation attorney in Denver today!
There are a couple of major drivers of this phenomenon. The first is America’s aging baby boomer population – and their increased number of expected hospital days. Experts predict roughly 16 percent of the population will be over 65 in just three years.
Additionally, because of the Affordable Care Act, nearly 20 million more people have acquired health insurance over the last few years. That sudden influx of new customers has created more job openings than there are trained healthcare workers to fill them. Hundreds of thousands of healthcare jobs remained unfilled at the end of 2016. In fact, jobs in healthcare sit vacant an average of 48.6 days, far longer than any other occupation.
Healthcare workers make huge sacrifices for their profession. At Burg Simpson, we have the utmost respect for these workers and all they do. Our Denver healthcare attorneys have represented hundreds of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals to help them get the compensation they deserve from workplace accidents. With more than 40 years of experience, our dedicated workers’ comp attorneys and paralegals are well-versed in the complex nature of Colorado’s workers’ compensation law. Our Denver workers’ compensation attorneys will work hard to recover your lost wages, make sure you receive expert medical care, and fight for fair compensation for your injury and/or illness.
These accidents can not only rob a family of a caregiver’s earnings but can quickly incur extra expenses for care and treatment. If you or someone in your family has been hurt at work, call Burg Simpson’s lawyer for nurses at 303-792-5595 or fill out our FREE Case Evaluation Form right now!
Nurses make up the single largest group of the nation’s healthcare workers, and the perils they face only increase with their growing workloads. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, nurses have the highest rate of nonfatal workplace injuries among all occupations. Some of the other healthcare workers we represent include:
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Licensed practical nurses
- Registered nurses
- Emergency medical technicians
If you are a health care worker who has suffered an injury at work, call one of our Colorado workers’ compensation lawyers today at 303-792-5595.
Healthcare workers of all types risk several hazards on the job every day, such as:
- Stress – Nurses point to workplace stress as their foremost health and safety risk. Nearly half of all nurses also report having suffered from workplace bullying.
- Lifting – Health care professionals – and nurses in particular – spend a lot of time either lifting heavy objects or repositioning patients during their shifts. The strain can take its toll.
- Assault – Medical professionals also face higher rates of assault, as well, either from patients or their family members. Roughly one in four nurses are assaulted at work every year.
- Infections/blood-borne diseases – Medical facilities are notorious for the prevalence of germs, and most health care workers deal with blood-borne infections daily.
Healthcare workers face more workplace dangers than historically hazardous occupations such as miners. The three most dangerous environments for health care workers are:
- Nursing homes/residential care facilities.
- Outpatient health care services.
In addition to all of these, the Colorado workers’ comp lawyers at Burg Simpson can help you apply for additional Social Security benefits you may be entitled to, and assist in exploring the possibilities of filing a third-party personal injury lawsuit.
CONTACT A DENVER HEALTHCARE LAWYER AT BURG SIMPSON TODAY
If you are a doctor, nurse, or a healthcare worker who has been hurt – or has become ill our lawyers will take care of you. At Burg Simpson’s our lawyers have been handling cases for Doctors and nurses for more than 40 years and we are experienced with the ins and outs of Colorado’s complex workers’ compensation laws. Call us today at 303-792-5595 or fill out our FREE Evaluation Form here.
We can help you with a number of pressing concerns, such as:
- Securing fair compensation for any on-the-job injuries or illness you may have suffered.
- Finding compassionate medical care and rehabilitative services to get you back to work sooner.
- Receiving reimbursement for any related out-of-pocket expenses.
- Applying for Social Security benefits you may qualify for.
- Consider third-party personal injury lawsuits. If you were injured on the job by a third party, you may be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit while filing a workers’ compensation claim.
Do not try to tackle your workers’ compensation claim on your own. If you are in Denver call Burg Simpson’s healthcare lawyers today and receive a free, no-obligation consultation. Call us at 303-792-5595.