When a family member or loved one dies, the pain and loss are unimaginable and almost impossible to fully absorb. When you lose a loved one because of someone else’s negligence or misconduct, that sense of loss can be even more painful. Colorado law provides relief for anyone who’s lost a family member because of the careless actions of another. Specifically, the Colorado statute provides compensation for the family members of anyone whose death was the result of “a wrongful act, neglect, or default of another.”
At Burg Simpson, our Denver wrongful death lawyers have successfully litigated many lawsuits over the last four decades. We understand the agony you are going through and, while we cannot bring your loved one back, we will do everything in our power to help you get the full compensation you deserve.
Our wrongful death attorneys have dealt with claims related to auto accidents, medical malpractice or even defective products. For example, a wrongful death claim may be brought if you’ve lost a loved one as a result of someone’s negligence or reckless conduct, including but not limited to:
- Medical malpractice: Medical errors are now the third-leading cause of death in the United States.
- Motor vehicle accident: More than 1 million drivers – and passengers – die on America’s roadways every year.
- Dangerous premises: This can include several different incidents, but ultimately hold a property owner and/or manager liable for any death on the property.
- Dog bites: While dog bit deaths are rare, they are particularly tragic because they’re easily preventable and the victims are almost always young children.
- Nursing home abuse: Nursing home residents, sadly, suffer in silence. Studies reveal that nearly 70 percent of abuse cases go unreported in this country.
- Work-related injuries: Nearly 5,000 workers die on the job every year.
- Defective products: Defective and poorly labeled products kill more than 22,000 people annually.
If you have lost a loved one in an accident caused by someone’s negligence, Burg Simpson’s expert wrongful death lawyers are here to help you right now. Call us at 303-792-5595 or complete our FREE CASE evaluation FORM right now.
Depending on the circumstances of your particular case, damages could be recovered for funeral expenses, lost wages, future income potential, pain and suffering on behalf of the decedent and the decedent’s loved ones, medical bills, and other causes. For help calculating and predicting expenses and damages in a wrongful death case, it is important to consult with a Denver injury lawyer who has the experience and resources to help you to determine and recover the appropriate damages from the responsible party or parties.
WRONGFUL DEATH CASES MAY COMPENSATE FAMILY MEMBERS FOR:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of benefits
- Care of a child
- Pain and suffering of the survivors
- Punitive damages
In many cases, there may be other avenues to pursue to receive compensation for your loss. These may include the person’s employer, your own insurance company, or a third party. In cases like this, it is essential that you retain an experienced personal injury lawyer who knows where to look to find the resources needed to help your family get back on their feet. Call us today at 303-792-5595 or fill out our FREE Case Evaluation Form now to receive a no-cost, no-obligation consultation before it’s too late.
In general, the decedent’s spouse, children, and/or parents can claim damages under a wrongful death claim. The guidelines can be confusing so it is in your best interest to consult with a reputable lawyer to determine who has a legal right to damages in your case.
Also, it is important to keep in mind that, generally speaking, Colorado’s statute of limitations on wrongful death claims is limited to 2 years.
If one of your loved ones was killed because of someone else’s negligence in Colorado or anywhere in the United States, you need experienced wrongful death lawyers to represent you.
CONTACT A DENVER WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY TODAY
If you have lost a loved one because of someone’s mistake or actions, call a Denver personal injury lawyer! Remember, time is not on your side. Reach out to us as soon as possible at 720-500-5995 or fill out a Free Case Evaluation form here right now.