CINCINNATI SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEYS
A premises liability claim is often referred to as a “Slip and Fall” incident. It is a type of personal injury case in which a person is injured on another party’s property. Premises liability is a complex area of Ohio personal injury law that applies to injuries caused by a business property owner, homeowner, or landowner’s disregard for safety.
Property owners have a legal obligation to ensure that their property is maintained and kept in a reasonably safe condition. When potentially unsafe conditions exist, the property owners must provide adequate warning to prevent injuries.
If you were injured due to an unsafe condition, inadequate security or maintenance, or a defect in construction, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the property owner.
WORKING WITH A SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEY
Working with a skilled slip and fall attorney is the best way to ensure your rights are protected and you obtain the compensation you deserve. An experienced Cincinnati injury lawyer will work with you to conduct an investigation of the incident that led to your injuries and will handle the discussions with the insurance companies who are involved.
COMMON TYPES OF SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT INJURIES
A slip and fall accident can lead to many different kinds of injuries that range in severity. Your personal injury lawyer will need to obtain all the essential information regarding the nature of your injuries and subsequent treatment plan in order to obtain fair compensation.
Some of the most common injuries in a slip and fall accident include:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Joint dislocations
- Nerve damage
- Spinal damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
Burg Simpson’s experienced accident injury attorneys in Cincinnati are here to fight for your right to compensation when you have been injured in a slip and fall on someone else’s property.
COMMON CAUSES OF SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Uneven walkways
- Damaged sidewalks
- Unsafe stairwells
- Inadequate lighting
- Weather conditions such as water, snow, or ice
- Improperly maintained driveways
- Unmarked hazardous areas
FILING A CLAIM AFTER A SLIP AND FALL INCIDENT
An Ohio slip and fall personal injury claim alleges that a property owner was aware or should have been aware of the dangerous or potentially hazardous condition on their property, but failed to address it. If you have been injured in slip and fall incident, there are several steps you need to take:
- Your first step is to seek immediate medical attention. Meeting with a medical professional will allow you to obtain the medical help you need and establish that your injuries were a result of the slip and fall incident.
- Report the incident to the landlord, owner, or property manager
- Obtain their contact information
- Document the site of the incident by taking photos
- If you were in a public area at the time of your injury, seek to obtain a copy of the video recordings that can document your fall.
- Obtain contact information of any witnesses
- Make notes on how the incident occurred
- If you were seriously injured in Ohio or Northern Kentucky, your final step is to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Cincinnati as soon as possible. At Burg Simpson, we will meet with you to discuss the details of the incident and gather the evidence necessary to get you the help you need and obtain the compensation you deserve. We have many years of experience handling slip and fall accidents, and we are here to protect you and your legal rights.
MEETING WITH A SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEY AT BURG SIMPSON
Cases involving personal injury and premises liability cases are highly fact-specific, and your claim will depend on how your injuries occurred and your relationship to the owner of the property. Our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at Burg Simpson will evaluate your case to determine if the property owner is liable for your injuries. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Lost wages
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall incident, Burg Simpson’s personal injury lawyers in Cincinnati will consult with you to answer your questions and explain your legal rights and options.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION NOW
Arrange for a consultation with an experienced injury lawyer now by calling Burg Simpson at 513-852-5600.