Burg Simpson Features: Attorney Mari K. Perczak, Co-Leader of the Construction Defect Team
Mari Perczak is the co-practice group leader of the Construction Defects department at Burg Simpson. She has more than 30 years of experience as a Colorado trial lawyer and has successfully handled many large construction defect cases for Colorado homeowners and homeowner associations. Known for her hard work and her tenacity, Mari has brought many favorable verdicts, arbitration awards, and settlements for her clients.
Ms. Perczak has obtained many successful awards for her clients, including:
- $26.4 Million settlement on behalf of an 82-unit association involving foundation distress, water intrusion, and shear wall defects;
- $24.3 Million settlement on behalf of a 320-unit homeowners’ association involving foundation distress, water intrusion and drainage defects;
- $19.5 Million settlement for a 56-unit southwest Denver homeowners association involving water intrusion through a poorly constructed building envelope and stucco facade;
- $18.2 Million recovery involving drainage and building envelope defects;
- $17.5 Million recovery following a jury verdict award 17 Million;
- $17+ Million recovery for large multi-family community with drainage, building envelope and fire protection defects;
Ms. Perczak’s distinguished credentials include being recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with top Preeminent® AV rating and being recognized by Law Week Colorado as Barrister’s Best for Best Construction Defects Lawyer in 2019. She has also been selected by her peers as a Colorado Super Lawyer® every year since 2012. Additionally, Ms. Perczak has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers Women in the Law for 2020, and Top Lawyers National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and by Denver’s 5280 Magazine as one of the city’s Top Lawyers.
Burg Simpson’s Construction Defects Team handles disputes over construction defects, and our clients include owners of single-family and multi-family homes. Defects can range from structural issues such as foundation problems to issues such as the presence of mold or incorrect paint color. Burg Simpson’s Denver construction defect attorneys have been fighting for the rights of homeowners and homeowner associations across the nation for more than 20 years. The Construction Defect department at Burg Simpson has been ranked Regional Tier 1 by Best Law Firms in America and is a nationally recognized leader in their practice area.
Construction defect litigation can be contentious and complicated, and the laws governing compliance seem to be constantly changing. If you have an issue, call our Construction Defect Department directly at (720) 689-1116 or fill out our FREE Case Evaluation form so we can use our extensive experience to help protect your family’s largest investment – your home.