What is Mass Tort Litigation?
A tort is a wrongful act that results in an injury for which the injured party is entitled to compensation. A mass tort is a civil action involving numerous plaintiffs against one or more defendants. Mass tort lawsuits arise when a number of plaintiffs have sustained injuries caused by the same dangerous prescription drug, defective medical device, or product. Mass torts involve multiple claims, but are focused on a single product or incident.
- Actions are filed individually as opposed to collectively.
- The basic facts of the victims’ claims are comparable.
- The individual claims are tied together financially.
Free Case Evaluation
- If you have been seriously injured by a dangerous drug or defective medical device, call Burg Simpson at 720-500-5854 to speak with a Mass Tort Lawyer.
The Complexity of Mass Tort Litigation
Mass tort litigation is highly complex due to the many issues involved:
- Mass tort cases can be filed at the state or federal level.
- They can include large numbers of plaintiffs and/or defendants.
- There are different state laws that dictate levels of damages.
- States also have different statutes of limitations and levels of liability.
- Finally, mass tort cases can reveal potential third-party issues.
Recovering Compensation for Damages
Mass tort claims can recover compensation for damages for the victims and their families.
- Medical expenses.
- Lost income and future earnings.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional damages.
- Funeral expenses, if applicable.
Call Burg Simpson for a Free Initial Consultation
You will begin the process by speaking to one of our legal professionals who will obtain some preliminary information before you speak with one of our Mass Tort attorneys.
We will need the following information to begin the process:
- The name of the drug or device that you used.
- The nature and extent of your injuries.
- Start and stop dates of the drug/device used.
- The state in which you were injured.
Our case evaluations are free and there is no cost to meet with one of lawyers.
Call Burg Simpson to Understand Your Legal Options
Burg Simpson’s mass tort lawyers have handled thousands of mass tort cases. Our highly-skilled attorneys have represented clients who have endured the aftermath of ingesting dangerous medications and those who have been injured by defective products. For over 4 decades, our experienced litigators at Burg Simpson have worked together as a team to handle mass tort cases. Many of these cases have been against some of the world’s largest corporations.
Colorado Dangerous Drug and Medical Device Lawyers
- Michael S. Burg »
- Peter W. Burg »
- Kerry N. Jardine »
- Seth A. Katz »
- Janet G. Abaray »
- Melanie S. Bailey »
- Stephen J. Burg »
- Kenneth M. Daly »
- David Harman »
- James G. Heckbert »
- Holly B. Kammerer »
- Brian K. Matise »
- Lewis A. Osterman »
- Jessica Powell »
- Meghan C. Quinlivan »
- Colin M. Simpson »
Contact Burg Simpson
If you have been seriously injured by a dangerous drug or a defective medical device, contact Burg Simpson now by filling out a FREE Case Evaluation form, or calling us today at 720-500-5995. Burg Simpson offers a free consultation so we can better understand how we may be of service to you.