Burgy Awards RSVP
2022 BURGY AWARDS
YOU AND A GUEST ARE INVITED TO JOIN BURG SIMPSON FOR AN EVENING OF FESTIVITIES AND FUN AS WE CELEBRATE OUR ANNUAL BURGY AWARDS.
WHEN: SATURDAY, AUGUST 27, 2022
TIME: COCKTAILS AND VOTING • 7 PM-8 PM | AWARDS CEREMONY • 8:30 PM | AFTER PARTY • 9 PM
WHERE: THE ART, A HOTEL | 1201 BROADWAY | DENVER, CO 80203
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the Burgy Awards? Think Grammys and Oscars meshed with the Razzie awards! The Burgys will acknowledge, with humor and lightheartedness, certain achievements and accomplishments among community association managers that make our industry fun, challenging and rewarding.
- When are the Burgy Awards being held? August 27, 2022
- Where are the Burgy Awards being held? The Burgy Awards are at The Art Hotel, 1201 Broadway, Denver, Colorado. The hotel will be on your right as you head south on Broadway, which is a one-way street. You can learn more about the hotel at www.thearthotel.com.
- What should I wear? Party attire is appropriate. Long or short dresses, as well as glitz and sparkle are very appropriate for women. Men should wear a coat and tie and even a tux if desired.
- What time should I arrive? Cocktails and light appetizers will be served from 7:00- 8:30 pm. The awards ceremony will start promptly at 8:30pm. After the awards ceremony our very own In -n- Out Truck will be on site for a burger of your choice plus more cocktails and desserts at the “after-party” on the Fire Terrace around 9pm.
- How can I vote? You MUST attend to vote, so encourage other managers in your office to attend and you can all vote for your favorites!! There will be voting stations in the Ballroom hosted by our attorney where you can cast your ballots for each Burgy Award Category and learn a bit about each nominee. Voting does close at 8pm so make sure you get there early and have plenty of time to socialize and vote – Check out the categories and nominees below!
- Where should I park? We have arranged for valet service for your vehicle at the front of the Hotel. You do not need to pay for valet service. But feel free to tip if you so desire. To utilize the valet service, simply drive under the hotel canopy off Broadway and tell the valet you are with the Burg Simpson party. You will be given a claim check. When you are ready to leave, simply give the valet your claim check and ticket and request your car. It may take a few minutes at peak times as we are expecting a huge turnout! If you don’t want to valet for some reason, there is street parking at meters or there are parking lots on 12th Avenue for about $10.
- Can I bring a guest? As our invited guest, please feel free to bring one guest. Your invitation included a personalized RSVP code which must be used for your RSVP so please include your guest information when you RSVP.
- Drinking and Driving. Please do not drink and drive. If you aren’t comfortable with driving home, you can 1) leave your car in valet and pick it up tomorrow; 2) Use Uber or Lyft. If you need help with an Uber or Lyft, just ask any of our employees.
- Are there hotel rooms available? We have reserved a small block of rooms at The Art for the evening of August 27th at a rate of $180/night. When you make reservations tell them you would like the Burg Simpson rate!
- Other questions? Feel free to contact Chelsea Cofer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chelsea Cofer at 713.835.7037.
Please keep reading for raffle and nominee information!
This year our very talented attorney, Curt Sullan, will be donating a custom piece of artwork and a private tour of his art studio. Tickets for the raffle will be $5/each or 5 for $25, so don’t forget some cash. You can purchase tickets at check-in or find Loura Sanchez at any time before the awards ceremony. All proceeds benefit Make A Wish Foundation – Colorado.
As an artist, Curt says “I have always been intrigued with uncovering lost memories tied up in the subconscious. Like Marcel Proust’s book Remembrance of Things Past, glass refractions trigger long lost memories, like distant fish in a murky pond. I enjoy the contrast between the translucence of glass and solid steel. Contrast is an important aspect of life. Without night, one cannot appreciate day… cold-hot, and death-life.” www.curtsullan.com
AWARD CATEGORIES AND NOMINEES:
- Beth Beach, Advance HOA Management
- Brittany Lay, Avenue One Properties
- Katie Christopher, AMI
DO IT FOR THE GRAM
- Danny Hanneman, ACCU
- Julie Berry, Westwind Management
- Ray Ramelow, MSI
- Kacie Dreller, Haven Community Management
- Laura Reese, 4 Seasons
- Kellee Connor, MSI
- Michelle Rittgers, The Management Trust
- Melanie Peck, TMMC
- Ari Shore, 3.0 Management
SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS
- Melanie Schure, Faith Property Management
- Bobby Lyn Brown, Onsite Property Management
- Barb McKibbin, Dorman Association Management
- Patrick O’Hayer, Associa
- Adam Smith, Advance HOA Management
- Diana Behrent, Hammersmith Management
- Diversified Association Management