Defective consumer products injure thousands of people every year. Regardless of where these products are used, these injuries are often preventable, but also occur because the product itself is dangerously flawed and excessively hazardous. A Phoenix personal injury lawyer at Burg Simpson can help.
No company, no matter how big, is immune to product liability. In fact, the most well-known cases of product liability involve Fortune 500 companies, such as:
Philip Morris: Paid out billions to settle multiple suits over its tobacco products.
General Motors: Ordered to pay $20 billion over a hazardous chemical in a coolant.
Dow Corning: Agree to a $2 billion settlement over silicone breast implants.
Owens Corning: Settled for $1.2 billion over asbestos building materials.
Generally, these are cases that involve pharmaceuticals, medical devices, toys, and motor vehicles, but can include any number of other products, such as:
- Consumer products
- Construction/building equipment
- Recreational equipment
- Sports equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Farm equipment
- Industrial products
- Industrial equipment
- Oil and gas equipment
If a defective product has left you or a family member seriously injured, contact the Arizona injury attorneys at Burg Simpson by calling 602-777-7000 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form.
In Arizona, product liability claims are filed based on either negligence or strict liability. Claims allege one of the following:
- Design Defects: These are inherent flaws in a product. While the item might function properly, for the most part, it can be unreasonably dangerous due to a flaw in the design.
- Manufacturing Defects: These are deficiencies introduced into the product through the manufacturing process. This typically results in only a few flawed products.
- Defects in Marketing: These typically come in the form of incorrect instructions and a general failure to warn consumers of a product’s risks.
If a poorly designed product has left you or a family member seriously injured, call a Phoenix personal injury attorney at Burg Simpson in Arizona so we can help get the compensation you deserve. You can call us now at 602-777-7000.
Anyone hurt by a defective product has a potential claim against the manufacturer and/or distributor. Injured parties may be eligible for compensation for:
- Economic Damages, which can include medical and rehab costs, lost wages, loss of earning potential, and any other out-of-pocket costs.
- Non-economic Damages, are non-monetary losses, such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, mental and emotional distress.
If someone you love has been seriously hurt by a defective product, call the accident injury lawyers at our Burg Simpson Arizona office at 303-792-5595.
Reach Out To Our Lawyers in Arizona Now
Martindale-Hubbell has ranked Burg Simpson No. 1 among the Top Ten Law Firms for Product Liability. We have the experience and resources to fight for your rights. If you have been hurt by a poorly made product, call 602-777-7000 and speak with an Arizona injury lawyer or fill out our Free Case Evaluation Form HERE.