More than 126,000 motor vehicle accidents clogged Arizona’s roadways last year – an 8.6 percent jump over the year before. More than 860 of those accidents involved a fatality. Despite the state’s crackdown on drunken driving, nearly a third of those fatalities involved impaired drivers.
Arizona is one of the majority of states that subscribes to an “at fault” system when it comes to motor vehicle accidents. This tort liability system requires that the injured party proves the other driver’s fault to secure payment of the insurance claim.
Additionally, Arizona is a “pure comparative negligence” state, which simply means that if the case makes it to a courtroom, the jury assigns a percentage of fault to each driver involved in an accident. What this means is that if one party is ruled to be even 1 percent at fault, the other driver, who is declared 99 percent at fault, will receive damages. Most states void any recovery for a party more than 50 percent responsible.
We have the experience and resources to fight for your rights and help you secure the compensation you deserve. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, contact a Phoenix personal injury attorney at Burg Simpson right now by filling out a Free Case Evaluation form here or call us at 602-777-7000.
In Arizona, the violations most often cited in car accidents include:
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Failed to yield right-of-way
- Unsafe lane change
- Following too closely
- Disregarded traffic signal
- Failed to stay in lane
- Made improper turn
If you or a loved one has been hurt by someone’s irresponsible behavior behind the wheel, call a Burg Simpson Phoenix car accident attorney now at 602-777-7000.
The state constitution in Arizona prohibits a cap on car accident – or any personal injury – damages. Damages include property damage and bodily injury. Bodily injury claims are divided into:
- Economic damages: medical expenses, wage loss, expenses related to impairment or disability, future medical expenses, car rental, and replacement.
- Non-economic damages: pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional trauma, and other similar losses.
If a motor vehicle accident has left you seriously injured, speak with a Phoenix personal injury lawyer immediately by calling us at 602-777-7000.
Let Our Burg Simpson Lawyers in Phoenix Fight For You
If you have been in a car accident, and have been left injured, do not waste time wondering what you should do. Arizona only allows personal injury victims two years to file a claim for compensation. Pick up the phone and call Burg Simpson today at 602-777-7000 so you can talk with a personal injury attorney in Phoenix. You can also complete our Free Case Evaluation Form Here.