All too often, a child is injured during delivery because of the negligence of a medical provider. The numbers can vary, but roughly five out of every 1,000 babies born in the United States will be injured during delivery. When that medical professional fails to deliver what’s called a standard quality of care required by the profession, it can amount to medical malpractice. Most cases of negligence during delivery are a result of misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, or a diagnosis that was overlooked altogether.
Despite advances in technology and medicine, mothers can still be injured during childbirth as well. If you or your child has been seriously hurt during the birthing process, please contact the medical malpractice lawyers of Burg Simpson Arizona by filling out our Free Case Evaluation form HERE or by calling 602-777-7000.
Most injuries that occur to the infant at birth are a result of:
- Improper use of surgical tools during delivery.
- Failure to identify and respond to fetal distress.
- Failure to schedule and/or execute an emergency cesarean section.
- Failure to properly monitor and regulate oxygen intake.
Most injuries suffered by mothers at birth, on the other hand, occur as a result of:
- Failure to deal with maternal bleeding.
- Failure to address and/or prevent perineal tearing.
- Failure to identify and properly treat preeclampsia.
- Failure to identify and properly treat maternal diabetes.
- Failure to identify and properly treat maternal viral or bacterial infections.
If you or your baby have been injured during labor and delivery and you are convinced negligence was a factor, reach out to one of Burg Simpsons Arizona’s medical negligence lawyers at 602-777-7000 before it is too late!
One of the leading causes of negligence during childbirth is an error in diagnosis, whether the diagnosis was missed, wrongly determined, or tragically delayed. Some of the most common diagnosis errors include:
- Problems with the placenta.
- A prolapsed umbilical cord.
- An rH incompatibility.
- A torn uterus.
- Fetal irregularities.
If a failed diagnosis led to an injury to you or your child during delivery, call a medical injury lawyer at our Arizona office Arizona by calling 602-777-7000 right away.
Our Attorneys in Arizona Can Help
If medical negligence played a part in a delivery that hurt your newborn baby, reach out to Burg Simpson’s Arizona office as soon as possible for a free, no-obligation analysis of your case. Call us today at 602-777-7000 or fill out our Free Case Evaluation Form.