Filing a Personal Injury Claim as a Passenger in an Automobile Accident
Filing a Personal Injury Claim as a Passenger in a Car Crash.
If you have been injured in an automobile crash, and you were a passenger rather than the driver, you can still file a personal injury claim. It is possible that you can receive compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering.
A Single Vehicle Collison
The driver of a vehicle has a duty to ensure his or her passenger’s safety. A driver’s failure to protect his or her passengers could be considered negligence. If you were injured as a passenger in a single vehicle collision, you could have grounds to file a personal injury claim.
If you were a passenger injured in a single-car collision, you must prove that the driver of the vehicle caused the incident by failing to act in a safe and responsible manner. For example, the driver of the vehicle could be considered liable for a passenger’s injuries if he or she crashed the vehicle into a guard-rail after losing control of the car while exceeding the speed limit. But if the collision occurred due to an unforeseen event, such as an animal darting out in front of the vehicle, then it would be unlikely that the driver would be held accountable for the accident.
A Two Vehicle Collision
If you were injured as a passenger in a collision involving two or more vehicles, you may be able to bring a personal injury claim against both drivers. The lawyers at Burg Simpson can help you determine the parties that are liable for your injuries.
What to do Following a Collision
Following the incident, it is important to:
- Obtain contact and insurance information from the drivers of both vehicles.
- Using a mobile phone, take photos and/or videos of all sides of both vehicles, and the surrounding areas.
- Make note of the road conditions
- Obtain the names and contact information of witnesses
- Identify your injuries.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you do not believe that your injuries are serious.
- Do not agree to a settlement with either driver’s insurance company. It is important to remember that the other party’s insurance company is not looking after your best interests.
- Call us at Burg Simpson. Having an experienced personal injury attorney on your side will help you to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Determining the Value of Your Case
Our personal injury lawyers at Burg Simpson will evaluate your case and work with you to determine the monetary value of your claim by gathering details about the following:
- Total medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Future lost income
- Future medical costs
- The pain and suffering that you have endured.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Burg Simpson
Meet with a Burg Simpson Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Burg Simpson’s team of personal injury lawyers have a proven history of obtaining results for our clients. We can give you a fighting chance when it comes to investigating a car crash, preparing insurance claims, negotiating settlements, and even litigating in court against the responsible parties. The firm has the experience and resources to fight for you and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim as a Passenger in a Car Crash
If you have been injured as a passenger in a car crash and you need help, call us at (602) 777-7000 to schedule a free consultation, or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form so we may discuss your case with you as soon as possible.