How Does Arizona Law Compensate Victims of a Personal Injury?
Victims of personal injury cases in Arizona are generally awarded compensatory damages, but in some cases, obtaining punitive damages may be possible. If you have a personal injury claim and suffered damages due to the negligence of another party, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Burg Simpson offers a free consultation to discuss the details associated with your legal matter. Obtain the compensation you deserve by calling Burg Simpson- (602) 777-7000.
Compensatory damages are awarded to make the victim whole for the injuries suffered in an accident. Compensatory damages provide you with the funds necessary to replace what was lost.
In order to calculate compensatory damages we look at your past and future losses. A monetary value is assigned to the victim’s injury and the property loss that was the result of the incident.
The value of a personal injury claim often includes the following:
- Past and future medical treatment and bills;
- Your disability, lost earnings, future lost wages and loss of household services;
- The victim’s pain, suffering, and distress caused by the injuries;
- The cost of repairing the vehicle, total loss of property, and other property losses.
Close family members of the injured victim may also be entitled to compensation. For example: The victim’s uninjured spouse and children may have legal claims for the loss of normal family relations or the loss of financial support
Punitive, or exemplary damages, are assessed in order to punish the defendant for contemptible conduct. Punitive damages are levied to reform and deter the defendant from engaging in dangerous conduct. While punitive damages are not awarded in every personal injury case, your attorney will discuss the types of damages associated with your claim during your consultation.
Establishing the Value of Your Personal Injury Claim.
The personal injury attorneys at Burg Simpson will provide you with a free consultation to evaluate your case and discuss all aspects of your claim:
- What type of personal injury did you sustain?
- How did the accident happen?
- What kinds of injuries did you sustain as a result of the accident?
- Did you lose wages as a result of your injuries?
- Did you incur medical bills?
- What will the future hold?
- Burg Simpson will hire medical professionals to help to evaluate your claim.
- Burg Simpson will hire other experts to investigate the losses associated with your claim.
Contact Burg Simpson
If you or a loved one have experienced a personal injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. There is no cost for a consultation and if we accept your case, we will work with you on a contingency basis. This means we only get paid for our legal services when we obtain a monetary award for you.
Burg Simpson is an experienced, dedicated injury firm. Don’t settle for less. Set up your free consultation at Burg Simpson today by calling (602) 777-7000.