At Burg Simpson, we’re union lawyers that represent workers throughout the State of Colorado. When an accident happens while on the job, it’s important to have Colorado Work Comp Lawyers committed to helping you as an injured worker obtain lost wages, medical benefits, and compensation you deserve. Workers Compensation benefits is a kind of workmen’s insurance coverage that employers are required to offer employees after they’ve been hurt at work.
Our award-winning team of trial lawyers are committed to helping injured workers recover as fully as possible from their injuries. Private industry employers reported more than 3 million nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses in 201, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics/U.S. Department of Labor
Filing a Workers Comp claim isn’t easy, must be done within a certain amount of days, and the amount of statues, rules, and guidelines can be confusing. Employers may even wrongfully put pressure on employees to return back to work too soon after an injury. Visit the Colorado Bureau of Workers Comp website for more information in the state of Colorado.
An experienced Colorado Union Accident Attorney can help when you’re suffering from a work injury and not in the mindset to deal with all the details involved in these claims. If you’re overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork and stress put on you by your employer’s insurance company, fill out a Free Case Evaluation form now to discuss your case with a knowledgeable Colorado Union Injury Lawyer at Burg Simpson.
We help injured Union Members:
- Understand Colorado workers compensation insurance requirements and laws
- Receive fair workers compensation in Colorado for your injuries
- Obtain quality medical care for the most common workplace injuries
- Obtain reimbursement for legitimate expenses
- Bring third-party personal injury lawsuits when someone outside of your company causes the on-the-job injury
- Fight for your rights with Colorado workers compensation insurance carriers such as Pinnacol Assurance claims
- Assist you if your employer refuses to file workers comp claim
- Create applications for additional Social Security benefits
- Know the statute of limitations for workers comp
Third-Party Workplace Injury Lawsuits
Oftentimes, if someone other than your employer caused your accident, you may be entitled to file a third-party personal injury lawsuit. If successful, compensation in these types of cases can be significantly higher.
Burg Simpson Colorado work comp lawyers help obtain compensation for work-related injuries caused by:
- Automobile accidents sustained on patrol
- Gunshot wounds and assaults
- Slip and fall – including head, knee and back injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Exposure to communicable diseases such as hepatitis, HIV, etc.
- Stress and psychological conditions
- And more…
Burg Simpson knows you risk your life every day for the safety of others, whether it’s by battling a house fire or rendering aid in the aftermath of a natural disaster. So, we’re here to help you understand your Colorado workers compensation rights and help you obtain the payment you deserve if you’re ever injured on the job.Read more
Few jobs are as critical in our day-to-day lives as that of our state’s police officers. They keep our streets safe, help people in need, and catch criminals – all while putting their lives on the line. If you are a law enforcement officer who’s been injured on the job, contact a Workers Comp Attorney Colorado today.Read more
Construction sites are rife with potential hazards that can lead to an injury on the job. These construction accidents can happen suddenly and without warning, and can easily be career-threatening incidents. If you are injured while working on a construction site, you should reach out to a Colorado Construction Injury lawyer today.Read more
Trucking can often be an unsafe work environment. Road hazards, constant heavy lifting, and heavy machinery operation all contribute to a higher-than-average injury accident rate. If you’re a tractor-trailer driver and have suffered an injury on the job, contact a Colorado Workers Compensation Attorney today.Read more
Many janitorial workers face less-than-ideal working conditions, which can expose them to cluttered, messy environments or even exposure to hazardous material, all of which can lead to accidents and work-related injuries. Contact our Colorado Workmans Comp Lawyers today if you’re a janitorial worker and have been hurt on the job.Read more
Utility and electrical workers are exposed to both difficult and risky work conditions, having to work with high-voltage electricity. Worse still, they’re often laboring under adverse weather conditions, whether its high winds, thunderstorms or even snow. And with most of that work taking place high off the ground, the chances of a severe worksite injury increase exponentially. If you’re a utility workers who’s been hurt on the job, it’s important you reach out to a Burg Simpson Workers Compensation Attorney Colorado to discuss your case now.Read more
While an office might not seem as perilous a work environment as that of a first responder, truck driver or utility worker, traditional office environments aren’t immune to serious workplace injuries. If you’ve been injured at work, fill out a Free Case Evaluation form to discuss your options with our Colorado Workers Compensation Attorneys.Read more
Retail workplaces typically aren’t considered risky places to work – unless it’s Black Friday. However, they often still require the use of equipment, lifting heavy boxes for inventory and stocking, or even slippery floor after a spill. All of these are hazards that lead to a workplace injury. Contact a Burg Simpson Workers Compensation Lawyer Denver now to help.Read more
Just like their clerical counterparts in the private sector, government employees in administrative roles can still get hurt on the job, as well. And they need to be taken just as seriously as any other workplace injury. If you’ve been hurt on the job, Burg Simpson Workers Compensation Attorneys in Colorado can help you.Read more
Healthcare workers sacrifice for the benefit of others on a daily basis. Their jobs are one of the most important ones in our society, but they face an incredible amount of exposure. From dealing with contagious diseases to handling toxic or hazardous substances, healthcare environments are littered with opportunities for workplace accidents. Burg Simpson Trial Law Firm can help today!Read more
Burg Simpson Law Firm consistently works with various local and state unions to ensure members’ rights are protected, including:
- The Fraternal Order of Police
- Association of Colorado State Patrol Professionals
- Local 1886 International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers
- Local 9 International Union of Operating Engineers
- Denver Police Protection Association
- Local 858 Denver Fire Fighters
- Aurora Police Association
- Cherry Hills Colorado Police Association
- Local 7 United Food and Commercial Workers Union
- Teamsters Local 455
- Colorado Teamsters Local 17
- Boulder Police Officers Association
- Local 7 International Association of Stage Hands
- Denver Sheriffs Fraternal Order of Police
- Colorado Carpenters Local 1068
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 111
- Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers & Grain Millers, International
- Denver Theatrical Stage, Film and Exhibition Employees’ Union
- Colorado Builder and Construction Trades Council
- Communication Workers of America
Don’t wait. Call Burg Simpson Attorney at Law NOW at 303-792-5595.
If you’re a Union Employee and have been injured at work anywhere in Colorado, Burg Simpson’s Colorado Workers’ Comp Lawyers can help you get the benefits you deserve. We offer injured workers a no-obligation, Free Consultation on an agreed percentage fee basis, meaning that we only get paid if we’re successful obtaining a Colorado workers comp settlement on your behalf.
Important: Under Colorado Workers’ Comp Laws, workers don’t need to prove fault for their injuries. The fact that the injuries happened is enough to bring a claim.