At Burg Simpson, we represent union workers throughout Colorado. When accidents happen in the workplace, we are committed to helping injured workers obtain the lost wages, medical benefits and compensation they deserve.
Our award-winning team of lawyers is committed to helping injured workers obtain the resources to recover as fully as possible from their injuries, and to preventing them from being pressured into returning to work too soon after an injury.
We help injured Union members:
- Understand Colorado Workers’ Compensation laws
- Receive fair compensation for their injuries
- Obtain quality medical care
- Obtain reimbursement for legitimate expenses
- Bring third-party personal injury lawsuits when someone outside of their company causes the on-the-job injury
- Make applications for additional Social Security benefits
We consistently work with various local and state unions to ensure members’ rights are being protected, including the following:
- The Fraternal Order of Police
- Association of Colorado State Patrol Professionals
- Local 1886 International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers
- Local 9 International Union of Operating Engineers
- Denver Police Protection Association
- Local 858 Denver Fire Fighters
- Aurora Police Association
- Cherry Hills Colorado Police Association
- Local 7 United Food and Commercial Workers Union
- Teamsters Local 455
- Colorado Teamsters Local 17
- Boulder Police Officers Association
- Local 7 International Association of Stage Hands
- Denver Sheriffs Fraternal Order of Police
- Colorado Carpenters Local 1068
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 111
- Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers & Grain Millers, International
- Denver Theatrical Stage, Film and Exhibition Employees’ Union
- Colorado Builder and Construction Trades Council
- Communication Workers of America
We know you risk your life every day, for the safety of others. We are here to protect your rights and to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.Read more
Few jobs are as important to our society as police officers. They keep our streets safe, and help keep crime levels low. But that work doesn't come without risks, and a law enforcement work is often dangerous. That danger can translate into accidents.Read more
There are lots of hazards when working on a construction site, and accidents can happen easily and without warning. If you are injured, we can help.Read more
Trucking is a dangerous work environment. Road hazards, heavy lifting, and operating heavy machinery all contribute to a job that has a higher than normal accident rate.Read more
Many janitorial workers face poor work conditions and are exposed to hazardous materials or conditions that create an unsafe working environment and cause accidents and injuries.Read more
Utility and electrical workers are exposed to both difficult and dangerous work conditions, not only having to work with high-voltage electricity, but also working during thunderstorms and inclement weather and having to do repairs high off the ground.Read more
While an office may not seem like a dangerous work environment, serious injuries can still be sustained in an office or workstation.Read more
Retail work environments may not seem like dangerous environments. However, they generally require the use of equipment, lifting heavy boxes for inventory and stocking, and other workplace hazards that aren't as obvious as other jobs.Read more
Just like other clerical employees, government workers in administrative roles can also experience workplace injuries.Read more
Healthcare workers sacrifice for the benefit of others on a daily basis. Their jobs are one of the most important ones in our society, but they're offer a high degree of hazard. From dealing with contagious diseases to handling toxic or hazardous substances, healthcare environments are open to many workplace injuries.Read more
We help obtain compensation for injuries caused by:
- Automobile accidents sustained on patrol
- Gunshot wounds and assaults
- Slip and fall – including head, knee and back injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Exposure to communicable diseases such as Hepatitis, HIV, etc.
- Stress and psychological conditions
Third-Party Personal Injury Lawsuits
Oftentimes, if someone other than your employer caused your accident, you may be entitled to file a third-party personal injury lawsuit. If successful, compensation in these types of cases can be significantly higher.
Don’t wait. Call us right now.
If you are a Union Employee and have been injured at work anywhere in Colorado, Burg Simpson’s Workers’ Compensation lawyers can help you get the benefits you deserve. We offer injured workers a free, no-obligation consultation and work on an agreed percentage fee basis, meaning that we only get paid if we are successful in obtaining a settlement or judgment on your behalf.
Important: Under Colorado Workers’ Compensation laws, workers do not need to prove fault for their injuries. The fact that the injuries happened is enough to bring a claim.