When most people think of employees who work in a retail environment, they might not always worry about the safety of their professions. However, retail work can require the use of technical equipment, heavy lifting while stocking, or performing inventory and exposure to other workplace hazards that may not be as obvious as in other professions. Unfortunately, accidents are common in the retail workplace. And when they happen, our award-winning workers’ compensation attorneys are here to step up to help.
At Burg Simpson, we understand the serious nature of retail workplace injury and treat is as such. We have helped many who have suffered on-the-job injuries receive the medical treatment and compensation to which they are entitled.
Our legal services span the entirety of the complex workers’ compensation process, from filing a claim to pursuing a third party personal injury lawsuit, if necessary. Burg Simpson makes sure that you’re kept up-to-date on your claim and understand the legal process, from:
- Understanding the specific workers’ compensation laws in Colorado
- Receiving fair and just compensation for injuries
- Obtaining quality medical services and care
- Applying for additional Social Security benefits
- Getting reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses
- Pursuing third party personal injury lawsuits
Compensation Benefits for Retail Workers
Did you know that in the state of Colorado, retail employees aren’t required to prove that anyone was at fault for their accident or injury? This means that the mere fact of the injury occurring is enough to file a claim.
Some of the common retail-related work injuries that Burg Simpson has helped settle, include:
- Injuries from repetitive or heavy lifting
- Breaks or fractures
- Cuts, lacerations or burns
- Slips and falls leading to injuries of the back, neck, knees and head
- Automotive or machinery accidents within the scope of employment
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and toxic substances.
If you’re a retail worker in the state of Colorado that’s been recently injured on the job, call Burg Simpson today at 303-792-5595. We offer a free consultation with no obligation, allowing you to explore your options and find out the workers’ compensation benefits for which you may qualify.