Few jobs are as important to our society as a those individuals who dedicate their lives to maintaining community and protecting our welfare. Law enforcement officers are imperative to public safety by keeping our streets safe and helping keep crime levels low. But that work doesn’t come without risks, and their selfless work is often dangerous. That danger can translate into unfortunate accidents and officer injuries sustained while on duty.
At Burg Simpson, our highly skilled team of workers’ compensation lawyers has more than 37 years of experience and success working with law enforcement officers, whether union or non-union, to help them get the benefits they deserve. From earning medical benefits and lost wages to avoiding being pressured to return to work too soon, we work tirelessly to help police officers navigate the workers’ compensation system in Colorado.
It is our mission to help injured law enforcement officers:
- Understand the laws pertaining to Colorado Workers’ Compensation
- Find and obtain quality medical care
- Receive fair compensation for their injuries
- Obtain reimbursement for legitimate expenses
- Explore third party personal injury lawsuits if the injury was caused by someone outside of the union or municipality
Did you know…?
Under Colorado Workers’ Compensation laws, law enforcement officers aren’t required to prove fault for injuries incurred on the job. Simply having an injury is sufficient for filing a claim. In fact, we’ve helped members of the police force get compensation for injuries like:
- Slips and falls, including: head, knee, elbow and back injuries
- Injuries caused by repetitive strain and tension
- Automotive or vehicular accidents sustained while on patrol
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and toxins
- Stress, psychological conditions, and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) claims
- Exposure to communicable diseases and illness
Was Your Injury Caused by a Third Party?
If you’re a law enforcement officer who was injured on the job by a third party, you may be eligible to pursue a separate personal injury lawsuit while filing a workers’ compensation claim. Visit our page to learn more about third party claims.
File Your Claim as a Law Enforcement Officer
If you’re a member of the police force in Colorado who’s been injured on the job, don’t wait to learn about the benefits you qualify for. Give us a call at Burg Simpson and let our team of award-winning attorneys help you get the compensation you deserve.
We offer a free consultation with no obligation. If you decide to work with us, we work on an agreed percentage fee basis. That means we only get paid if we’re successful in winning a settlement or judgment for you.
Give us a call at 303-792-5595 to find out how we can help.