As one of the United States’ largest occupational groups, healthcare workers and nurses are some of the most beneficial employees for our modern society. These medical professionals provide selfless and admirable work on a daily basis, but these jobs unfortunately present a high degree of hazard and risk. Workers may handle contagious disease scenarios, handle toxic or hazardous substances, respond to developing accident and crime scenes and are susceptible to a multitude of workplace injuries and accidents.
At Burg Simpson, not only do we have the utmost respect for these valiant workers, we have worked with hundreds of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals to help them earn the compensation they deserve from workplace accidents and incidents. With nearly 40 years of experience in Colorado, our award-winning lawyers and paralegals are well-versed in the complex nature of healthcare workers’ compensation claims. Our attorneys can help you recoup lost pay, receive quality and timely medical care and receive just compensation for work-related injuries and accidents.
Did you know, in Colorado, nurses and other healthcare professionals are not required to provide proof that anyone was explicitly at fault for their injuries? This makes the workers’ compensation claim process more straightforward and allows Burg Simpson to better help those injured on the job.
This allows you to focus on a variety of other issues, such as:
- Getting compensated fairly for any on-the-job injuries
- Finding quality medical care and rehabilitative services
- Get reimbursed for any out-of-pocket expenses related to accidents or injuries
- Apply for additional Social Security benefits
- Consider third party personal injury lawsuits in the event a client’s injury was caused by someone outside of their company
If you are a healthcare worker or nurse who was injured on the job by a third party, you may be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit while filing a workers’ compensation claim.
Filing Your Claim as a Healthcare Worker or Nurse
Our workers’ compensation attorneys have worked with all types of medical professionals with job-related injuries, such as:
- Heavy lifting of objects, machinery and equipment
- Accidents sustained while assisting patients
- Physical assaults and trauma sustained from patients
- Cuts, lacerations or needle sticks or injury from scalpels and other surgical instruments
- Harmful exposure to communicable diseases and viruses
Don’t wait to deal with a healthcare related workers’ compensation claim on your own. Call Burg Simpson today and get a free, no-obligation consultation. If you decide to work with us, we operate on a percentage fee basis–we don’t get paid if we don’t get you a settlement or judgment. Call us at 303-792-5595.