Fighting fires is essential to public safety and at Burg Simpson, we recognize the risks and dangerous situations associated with your profession. As a firefighter in Colorado, should an injury or accident occur while on duty, the acclaimed attorneys at Burg Simpson are here to protect your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Whether it’s for medical benefits, lost wages or other compensation that you deserve, our firm has over 37 years of experience helping workers like you obtain what is owed.
At Burg Simpson, our highly qualified staff of workers’ compensation attorneys and paralegals have years of experience dealing with workers’ compensation claims for municipal workers, including firefighters. Along with helping you navigate the confusing claims process and file for the benefits you deserve, our focus is to help you:
- Understand the complex Colorado Workers’ Compensation laws and legal system
- Have access to quality medical care and treatment
- Obtain reimbursement for any legitimate expenses you incur during the aftermath of your accident
- Receive fair compensation for your injuries
- Know when to file a third party claim and personal injury lawsuit
Did you know…?
Under the Colorado Workers’ Compensation laws, if you are injured in the line of duty, you do not need to prove fault for your injuries. In fact, just having an injury is enough to file a claim. We’ve worked with hundreds of firefighters in Colorado to get compensation for a variety of injuries, including:
- Pain caused by repetitive strain
- Smoke inhalation
- Injuries caused by slips and falls, including: head, knee and back
- Stress and psychological conditions, such as PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Exposure to communicable diseases, such as hepatitis, HIV, etc.
- Exposure to hazardous and toxic chemicals
Need to File a Third-Party Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Was your accident caused by someone outside of your firehouse? If so, a third party lawsuit might be applicable and may help you earn a higher amount of compensation. Learn more about third party claims here.
If you’re a firefighter and have been injured in Colorado, don’t wait to call a workers’ compensation attorney. Give us a call at Burg Simpson and find out how to get the benefits you deserve. We offer a FREE, no-obligation consultation. Call 303-792-5595.