Operation TBI Freedom assists Service Members and Veterans with traumatic brain injury, developing a unique plan for each client that promotes optimum independence, productivity and successful reintegration into civilian life.
Each Veteran is assigned a military support specialist (MSS) who is a Veteran and Certified Brain Injury Specialist.
It is the responsibility of the MSS to use all resources—the Veterans Administration, local governmental and non-governmental entities—as efficiently as possible, ensuring no duplication of efforts by community partners.
OTF analyzes complex VA benefits, identifies potential benefit enhancements and assists the Veteran in maximizing his or her access to healthcare and other resources.
- Comprehensive case management for the Veteran and family
- Crisis management
- Medical/counseling referrals
- Emergency assistance (food, housing and other emergency needs)
- Assistive technology and support
- Navigation of complex benefit systems
- Psycho-social and educational classes (e.g., parenting, financial management, social and life skills, etc.)
You are eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- Served in any branch or component of the Military at least one day on or after September 11, 2001
- Residing in Colorado (temporarily or permanently)
- Medically diagnosed TBI or residual thereof TBI or residual injury must have occurred while in service and/or be directly related to other combat injury(ies)
For more information, contact Operation TBI Freedom: