We understand that as one of the nation’s leading trial law firms our continued success depends on our most important asset – our people – which is why Burg Simpson is committed to attracting, employing, and retaining individuals of the highest caliber who are committed to our core values of helping people.
We offer exceptional careers and opportunities to attorneys, aspiring graduates and support professionals in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and, we believe, truly different from our competitors.
Current employment opportunities include:
- Litigation Paralegal – Medical Malpractice (Englewood, CO)
- Helpdesk Technician (Englewood, CO)
- Customer Service Representative (Englewood, CO)
- Litigation Legal Assistant (Englewood, CO)
- Commercial Litigation Associate (Englewood, CO)
We are Good Lawyers. Changing Lives.® Join our team.
Litigation Paralegal – Medical Malpractice (Englewood, CO)
Burg Simpson seeks experienced trial Paralegal (5+) for an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing nationwide practice. The positions will support attorneys in the Medical Malpractice area.
Successful candidates will handle all aspects of the litigation process from initial intake to trial attendance.
The position involves extensive contact with clients and medical providers. Proficiency in applying the court rules and procedures in both state and federal courts; experience in reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing medical, financial, and other case-related documents and records; well-developed writing and research skills; experience drafting pleadings, discovery and correspondence; the ability to anticipate attorney needs, identifying problems and finding solutions.
Previous experience with Needles and Trial Director is a plus.
We offer excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit resumes detailing applicable skills, abilities, and experience that address position requirements to: Careers@BurgSimpson.com
Helpdesk Technician (Englewood, CO)
Burg Simpson seeks a motivated and energetic Tier 1 Helpdesk Technician who is a team player with a friendly, positive, “client first” attitude, a high-level of professionalism, and the ability to adapt and transition seamlessly with changes in the environment. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Receive in-bound helpdesk requests in-person, over the telephone or by email and create helpdesk tickets
- Respond to Tier 1 helpdesk tickets and escalate, as needed
- Burn copies of directory files to CDs
- Complete basic network troubleshooting
- Provide desktop support for basic issues with PC’s, Windows, and Microsoft Office
- Perform other IT-related duties and projects, as directed by the Systems Administrator and the IT Director
- Provide phone and email support to users in the areas of email, file directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and other applications
The position requires:
- Graduation from an accredited college with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or technical field or vocational certifications
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with Windows Desktop Technologies
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with printers/scanners
- Has experience working in virtualized environments
- Knowledge of basic printing principles and functions
- The ability to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose an issue and follow it to resolution
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate both orally and written in a professional manner with a variety of personalities
- The ability to work with minimal direction and react well under pressure
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move equipment up to 30 pounds
- Microsoft certifications
- Technical certifications
- Experience with eCopy and/or Adobe
- Experience with a HelpDesk System like Spiceworks
- Experience with Microsoft Products like Office and Outlook
- Experience with legal software such as Needles or Legal Files
We offer excellent benefits and pay commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit a resume that details applicable skills, abilities, and experience to Careers@BurgSimpson.com.
Customer Service Representative (Englewood, CO)
Burg Simpson seeks a Customer Service Representative to be part of its growing Workers’ Compensation practice. The position will assist the practice group leader with oversight of the department’s intake activities and with client communication. Other duties may include setting up files, scanning documents, using copier, faxing and emailing documents.
Qualifications of the position include:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a professional, helpful, friendly, client-first attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think quickly while interviewing potential clients to gather sufficient, relevant information to assess the potential claim
- Solid organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independent and as part of a team
Requirements of the position include:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is a plus, but not required
- Experience in a claims or customer service center, call center, sales or telemarketing environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Needles experience is a plus)
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is a plus
Burg Simpson offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit a resume detailing applicable skills, abilities, and experience to Careers@BurgSimpson.com.
Litigation Legal Assistant (Englewood, CO)
Burg Simpson seeks a Litigation Legal Assistant with 3+ years of litigation experience. Job duties include, but are not limited to: multi-attorney calendaring; set-up and maintenance of files; records request; time entry; electronic filing in both state and federal courts; and, the preparation and filing of form pleadings and documents. The successful candidate will have: a clear understanding and familiarity with local, state, and federal court rules, procedures and deadlines; advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel); excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to organize and prioritize workload with attention to detail; and, be a team player. Excellent benefits and pay commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter addressing salary requirements; and resume detailing applicable skills, abilities, and experience to Careers@BurgSimpson.com.
Commercial Litigation Associate (Englewood, CO)
Burg Simpson is seeking an experienced Litigation Attorney for an exciting opportunity to be part of its growing nationwide practice. The successful candidate must have 3-5 years of complex commercial litigation experience. The position also requires:
- Excellent research, writing, analytical and advocacy skills;
- Trial experience, including arguing motions, and deposing expert and lay witnesses;
- Judicial clerkship or law review experience is preferred;
- A current license to practice law in the state of Colorado is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume detailing applicable skills, abilities, and experience; and, 1-2 writing samples to Careers@BurgSimpson.com.
Burg Simpson provides equal employment opportunity with regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, disability or genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law.